You Look Like a Juice Person

Percy blew out a huff of air, as he stormed out the double doors in exasperation. Chef Marino had thrown one of his obnoxious fits again, complaining about everything. "The sauce was too bland." "His assistant has no talent!" "There is no way in hell we could serve these to the customers!"

The worst part being, he always took it out on Percy. Even if it wasn't remotely his fault. Waiters don't have any control over what happens in the kitchen.

Percy tried to wipe the excess spaghetti sauce off his apron. Chef Marino had taken a handful of the bolognese, and splattered right across his uniform. Granted he was a phenomenal chef, that being the reason why the restaurant hasn't fired him yet. And because I don't think anyone has been brave enough to do so, and at least come back alive.

Percy irritably took off his apron, ready to march in there and quit. There were no ties here, nothing holding him back. Except for the small exception of rent, but that was beside the point. Before Percy could go in, and drop his apron on Marino's head, a swish of blonde came swinging through the front doors.

With his jaw slightly opened, Percy quickly retied his apron around his waist, and grabbed a couple menus.

"I've got table 5!" He yelled, swiftly making his way towards her table.

Annabeth Chase. He had briefly met her once or twice at a few collage parties, and the their conversations weren't exactly sober.

Annabeth smiled at him as he approached her table. Percy set down a menu.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" Before Annabeth could respond, Percy continued to speak.

"I know! You look like a juice person! But the question is which juice? Apple, grape, cranberry, blueberry? Is there even a blueberry juice? Maybe someone should produce that. Hey produce and juice rhyme."

Annabeth laughed slightly. Snapping Percy out of his rambling word vomit.

"I never talk this much."

"Water will be fine."

"Got it."

"I'm sorry, have we met before?" Asked Annabeth, glancing at the menu.

"Yeah, once or twice, I think. At a party maybe?" Josh's September swim party, September 19th, and Leo's Halloween bash, October 27th.

"That sounds about right. Let me see?" Annabeth set her hand in her chin, and slightly tilted her head to the side.

"Pet-? No. Per- Perry? Hmm." Annabeth snapped her fingers. "Percy!"

"Right. And you're Annabeth."

"Can't believe you remembered."

"Well I do have an knack for remembering names." Lie. Percy rubbed his hand behind his neck. He could barely remember all the names of his cousins.

Annabeth smiled and glanced at the menu.
"I'm ready to order now, if that's okay."

"No, yeah. Ordering now is good. Ordering now is perfect." Percy made an awkward clap noise with his hands.

"I'll take a Cesar salad to start, with the lasagna."

Percy jotted the order on his notepad and nodded. He made sure to leave before he could speak again.