Game On

"I've been meaning to ask you something"

"Oh yeah? And what is that?" A coy smile playfully danced on his lips.

I leaned in closer. "Well, I was wondering, is douchebaggery a skill you were born with, or do you take special classes?"

Percy's face looked like someone had re gifted him a snow globe. I laughed slightly.

"Oh come one Jackson, you thought you could win me over with pick up lines. I know you can do better. Oh wait, no you can't"

The day was warm with a slight breeze. The sun was out and it was a perfect day for a walk. Stupid me, for thinking I could have some peace.

I tapped Percy's nose, and kept walking.

"You will fall for me Chase" he yelled from behind

I didn't look back but I raised my hand to wave slightly.

"Yeah. Thanks I'll keep that in mind" What have I gotten myself into.

1 week earlier

"I can't believe your dragging me to this"

"Come on Annabeth, it's only a party. It won't kill you" said Piper putting her hand dramatically on my shoulder.

"The event it's self? No. The people there? Yes." I said swatting away her hand. She gave an annoyed face.

"You can't turn back now, you already said yes. Remember, free lunch for a month?"

"I can't believe you won me over with that" I said rolling my eyes.

Piper shrugged. "Im not. You eat like crazy"

We had Jason pick us up, and we all piled into his car. The house was a decent size, but it was sure loud. Music blasted from every open window or door. And every where you looked, people.

I recognized a few friendly faces, but most of them were strangers. Piper on the other hand strolled in as if it was her home. She said hello to almost every passing figure.

I stayed downstairs for about 5 minutes before getting bored, and possibly a slight headache. I dashed upstairs opening doors and hoping to find an empty room and not one inhabited by two half naked teenagers. Unfortunately, my first 3 tries were unsuccessful.

I eventually found a terrace and took a deep breath of fresh air. I won't share what a house full of drunk teenagers smells like, but I'll leave it up to your imagination.

I heard the creak of door behind me open. I turned and Percy Jackson stood at the door frame.

"Hi Jackson" I said giving him a small wave.

"Hey Annabeth, enjoying the party?" He asked leaning against the railing.

Oh this must be his house.

"To be perfectly honest, it sucks"

Percy laughed slightly. "I guess that makes sense, you don't have a boyfriend to take"

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Well look who's Miss Mature." He winked, and brushed his hair out of his face.