Too much rum

Percy's POV

I strolled down the deck of my ship, as my crew smiled at me cautiously. They knew if they made one wrong move, I could disarm them and have my sword at their throats in less than 10 seconds flat. I smirked as my polished black boots made clicking noises against the deck.

I rolled my eyes and flicked my hand, informing them that they had nothing to worry about and the crew should be at ease. We have had nothing but smooth waters today.

"Come on everyone, why so unnerved?" I spat out the toothpick I was chewing on. "It's a beautiful day, and The Olympian is sailing smoothly" I patted the side of my ship. The Olympian was gifted to me by my father. He stole it from a trading port and fixed it up nicely. Although dear ol' dad disappeared when I was about 10. My mom became depressed and eventually died leaving the Olympian to me.

The sun had set and some of the crew brought out huge barrels of ale. I sat on the banister and watched them chug down countless glasses. It was a laugh watching them fall over and get into petty fights. The crew cheered my name daring me to drink.

"A'ight, A'ight" I stepped over fallen sailors and grabbed a cup. I filled it up all the way to the top and chugged it all down in one breath. Everyone cheered and there was music, or some form of it anyway. I couldn't really make out the sound.

***

Waking up, there was a terrible smell of BO and stale fish. The whole crew was sprawled about throughout the deck sleeping. I was the first one up.

I sighed and threw my sword upward. My sharp blade slashed through a rope causing an empty barrel to come crashing down making an extremely loud noise. All of the sailors sprung to their feet, alarmed and confused.

"Get back to work!" I yelled. The thin layer of fog covering the sky made the air humid. I scrunched up my nose and crossed into my quarters.

Slowly making my way over to my desk trying not to fall over as the Olympian swayed back and forth.

As I finally sat down in my chair after effortlessly trying not to falling over several times.

I put my feet up on my desk, marveling at how great it is to be me.

I could feel my eyes getting heavier. The warm air drifted through my cabin making me tired. You know one quick nap couldn't hurt...

THUMPS

SCREAMS

LOUDER THUMPS

All lovely noises that were just extra lovely to wake up too.

Still tired and dazed I made my way to the doors of my quarters and threw them open.

Everything was blurry and bright. I rubbed my eyes and slowly everything came into focus.

It was, complete. and. utter. chaos.

Unfamiliar people swinging in on ropes from another ship and from what I could see, a lot of my crew mates were tied up. And the rest were dueling with more unfamiliar people.

I ran out on deck and grabbed a sword. I easily disarmed three people and set them flying into some barrels.

The chaos was getting worse when a loud whistle broke through the loud noises. All of the other people stopped fighting and turned their head to the other ship which I guessed is how they arrived.

All of the other pirates ran to the edges of my ship and stood in lines. I raised an eyebrow. One last person swung in on a rope.

Their heeled boots made a loud clicking lose as they landed on deck. I couldn't tell who they were due to their ridiculously oversized hat.