Random Christmas Chapter

Annabeth's POV

The chilly winter air blew in my face as I shut my car door. The hotel was huge. How much money does this man have? I could see through the windows that people were inside bustling around and having fun.

Percy invited me to his family's Christmas party after our literature class together. His family owns a large chain of resorts/water parks. And apparently, this Christmas party they throw every year is fun.

Percy left his lit notes in class earlier. And since I tend to think of myself as a halfway decent person from time to time I decided to return them to him.

I opened the large, heavy, wooden doors, and joyful music filled my ears. The smell of sweets was immediately detectable. I smiled, Christmas has always been my favorite holiday.

Finding Percy is going to be an absolute nightmare with all of these people here. I started with the kitchen, there was no one in there except for the kitchen staff. Though that wasn't a total loss since they gave me a cookie.

Figures that he wouldn't be with the adults discussing golf or politics.

Following a few college kids, that seemed about my age, to the upstairs, I looked around for Percy. Still, nowhere to be found.

I finally spotted a tall dark, messy, haired guy disappear onto the balcony and assumed that it was him.

"Hey, Percy!" I waved and he turned around.

"Annabeth! So glad you could make it" He said, putting down a mug of what seemed to be hot cocoa.

"Yeah, thanks for inviting me. Oh, and also you forgot your lit notes in class." I dug through my bag and handed him the paper.

"Thanks! I looked for these earlier when I was attempting to do something productive for once"

"It's my pleasure"

Percy motioned to the couch sitting in front of the outdoor fireplace. The moonlight and the firelight mixed creating a warm glow, lighting up the whole balcony.

People chatted all around us, making everything seem so cheery.

"So that's the only reason you came?" asked Percy.

I tilted my head in confusion. "What?"

"To drop off my lit notes, was that the only reason you came?" he repeated.

"No. There's food here right?"

Percy laughed and stuck his tongue out at me. While he was distracted I made my move on his hot cocoa and took a sip.

I would have gotten away with it except for my inconspicuous chocolate mustache that was generously left on my face.

He lifted his eyebrow and handed me a napkin. I laughed, wiping the mustache away.

"You know, not only did you leave chocolate evidence on your face you're also a very loud slurper"

"I am not!" I said, bumping my side against his.

"Deny it all you want, but sure enough, you slurp"

A sudden gust of wind, came making the fire smaller. I rubbed my hands up and down my arms, in an attempt to keep myself warm.

"You cold?" I nodded, a bit.

Percy wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him, so our legs touched.

"Thanks, this is better" I said, leaning into him. I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling what was left of the fire.

Suddenly, snow started to fall, lightly dusting the top of everything. I laughed as a snowflake landed on my nose.

I looked around and everyone had left the balcony.

"Where did everyone go?" I asked.

Percy shrugged "Most likely inside to get out of the snow"

"Well they're crazy, I think it's amazing"

Setting my head on his shoulder again, I sighed.

"First snow of the season, isn't it beautiful?"

Percy looked at me. "Breathtaking"

He stuck out his tongue trying to catch a snowflake, but his efforts were in vain.

I laid my hand down on his, and he laced our fingers together.

"Your hand is so small"

I scoffed. "Well, what if your hand is just abnormally large!"

Percy gave me a weird face. And I returned the gesture.

We looked up at the sky and realized, attached to the top of the fireplace was a mistletoe.

"Hmm now, how could I not know that was there" he said leaning in closer. "Oh wait, I did."

Our lips pressed together and butterflies fluttered around my stomach.

When our lips pulled apart I smiled.

"Hey, do I really slurp?"

"Oh, yes, no doubt"

A/N Hey my little beans! You are probably hating me for putting up a Christmas chapter so early, and I actually have no idea why I did. I was just in the mood I guess. And I have taken so many of your amazing ideas and have started writing chapters so get ready for that!

Oh and did I mention we reached 15k reads that's insane! Also I would like to point out that all of you are hilarious and amazing and I love reading your comments, all of you are like 10x cooler than me in every way.

Ahh Love you! Xoxo, Ciao