Mystery Princess

Annabeth's POV

Ugh I was nervous. Tonight was the night of the big masquerade ball, for our school. Piper was tugging at my hair, trying to get my blonde fizzy curls to cooperate. She somehow wrangled it into a pretty updo, and started on my makeup.

"Please Piper, not to much" I pleaded. I hated wearing to much makeup, it made me look like a ditz.

"Fine, whatever you say, but no matter what you always look beautiful" she responded, sighing.

"Thanks, Pipes" I said with a small smile.

Once we were all ready we put on our dresses, and shoes. I gasped when we looked in the mirror, we looked amazing.

And for the final touch, our masks. I also slipped on the silver charm bracelet, that my mother gave to me before she died. It was a simple silver chain, with an A on it.

 It was a simple silver chain, with an A on it

"I LOVE IT!" squealed Piper excitedly, she jumped around, but not before tripping and falling due to her being in really high heels

"I LOVE IT!" squealed Piper excitedly, she jumped around, but not before tripping and falling due to her being in really high heels. I giggled, her excitement was contagious.

Usually I wouldn't go to these dance, event things, but Piper convinced me. Especially since no one would be able to tell who I was under the mask. Although my dad said that he would only let me go if I was back my 11:30.

Jason, Piper's boyfriend, said he would pick us up, around  7:00, and it was already 6:54. The only downside of going, was I didn't have a date, and I really don't want to be a third wheel, all night. A/N I have been there!

A few minutes later, Jason picked us up, and brought us to the school. Him and Piper immediately, started dancing, leaving me, by myself, awkwardly standing, alone, at the front door.

I made my way over to the food table, and poured myself some punch. For the first 10 minutes I sort of stood by myself, until I decided to dance.

A fast classical song came on, and everyone was dancing. Someone grabbed my hands an started ballroom dancing with me, but since it was a faster song, we quickly stepped from side to side. I was spun, from different partner, to partner. Having so much fun in the process.