The Bad Boy (Part 1)

A/N in this one shot Percy and Annabeth are mortal and they don't know each other.

Annabeth POV

*clank*... *clank* I groaned as I checked the clock on my bedside table. It read 1:23 A.M. I dragged my self out of bed to see what that sound was. I opened the glass door leading out to my balcony, and peeked over the edge. There I saw my new neighbor.

~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~
"C'mon Annabeth, grab a few boxes and bring them inside" said my stepmother. My family and I just moved from San Fransisco to New York City, due to my dads work. I brought a few boxes in and went upstairs to check out my room. It was really nice it had its own balcony, and lots of big windows. As soon as I was done unpacking, I walked downstairs to check out the rest of the house. It was beautiful, and I could really appreciate the architecture.
"Hey Annabeth" my dad greeted. "What do you thing of the house?"
"I think it's great" I replied.
"That's wonderful" said my stepmom.
"We're going to go take your little brothers out for ice cream. Want to join?" She asked.
"No thanks I'm good" I said. "Have fun" they waved goodbye, and I was left here by myself. I decided to watch some tv. But before I could turn on the television, the doorbell rang. So I got up to go answer it. At the door was a middle aged woman and a boy who looked bored but was about my age standing there.
"Hello" greeted the woman with a warm smile. "We are your new neighbors"
"Hello" I said politely.
"I'm Sally Jackson, and this is my son Percy"
"Nice to meet you" I said. We stood there for a while with an awkward silence. Percy had messy jet black hair, amazing sea green eyes, and was wearing a leather jacket with ripped skinny jeans. He looked like one of those bad boy types.
"Well..." said Mrs. Jackson breaking the silence. "We should get going. Nice to meet you"
"You as well" I said. For some reason as they walked back across the street I couldn't take my eyes of Percy. Something about him interested me.
-Next Day-
I was sitting out on my balcony when I spotted Percy from across the street. He saw me and waved. I waved back, and he came across the street.
"Hey!" He shouted.
"Hi!" I shouted back.
"Whatcha doing?" He asked.
"Sitting" I replied.
"Thanks Sherlock" he said sarcastically.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"Annabeth" I answered.
"Cool, maybe we could hang out some time?" Said Percy. My stomach did a somersault. Calm down Annabeth, you don't even know this boy! Despite what I said to myself I couldn't stop myself from saying yes.
"Uh... Su-sure"
"Cool, see you whenever" Percy waved and walked back into his house.
~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~
"What are you doing?!" I asked trying to keep my voice down.
"Well you said we could hangout" replied Percy.
"But when you said "see you whenever
" I didn't think you met the middle of the night!" I said half whispering.
"Well... I'm spontaneous, like that" he said. I scoffed.
"C'mon I have something planned" said Percy. In my gut I knew that going some random place with Percy was sort of a bad idea, but in someways leaving with a boy I barely knew in the middle of the night had an aspect of excitement in it. And my life had never never been one for excitement.
"Alright" I agreed. "But let me get dressed" Percy gave me a goofy/mischievous grin. I got dressed quickly and brushed my hair a tiny bit. I walked back out to my balcony.
"Okay so how am I supposed to get down?" I asked.
"Jump" said Percy making it sound like it was obvious.
"Are you crazy!!!!???" I said keeping my voice down.
"Possibly" replied Percy grinning. "Don't worry I'll catch you"
"Because that makes me feel so much better" I mumbled under my breath.
"C'mon Annabeth I promise your safe" he reassured "I won't let anything happen to you" The odd thing was I knew he actually meant it. I climbed over the railing, closed my eyes and slid off. I am caught by a pair of strong arms. My eyes were still closed, but I didn't want to open them because at that moment I felt safer than ever before. Percy set me down, and smiled.
"I told you, you'd be safe" he said.
"So what is this crazy plan of yours?" I asked.
"You'll just have to wait and see"

A/N hey guys I hoped you enjoyed this chapter plz feel free to give requests to what kind of chapters you want I really love hearing from you guys
Toodles ✌🏼️