Finding Annabeth

You'd think after taking a 3 hour ride of just sitting, that I'd be energized, but I'm not. Yeah. Turns out I hate buses.

A lot.

As I got of the bus Piper sealed behind me.

You're probably confused, I know I am, and I already know the backstory. It started yesterday, after I found the note.

I hadn't decided whether I wanted to look for Annabeth or not. I mean I liked her, but was that really a good enough reason to drop my life ans search for her. I don't even have a clue where she is. Thoughts buzzed around my mind, as I headed to AP math.

Piper sat down in the desk next to me. The teacher drowned on about rando crap that I didn't care about. Piper had always been smart, even if she didn't let anyone else know it. I would know, her Annabeth and I were best friends. Were. We just drifted apart.

It didn't seem like Piper was paying attention either because she was staring out the window.

***

After another hour, class ended. All the students tried to push their way out. But I had learned, it's just smarter to wait, and safer to. Piper did the same, and once all the students left I was about to stand up when Piper turned to me.

"You know she's gone too" is all she said. The teacher gave us a strange look. She didn't say anything else, and ran out of the classroom. I waved at the teacher and chased after Piper. I ran passed my locker and noticed something on it.

It was a pink sticky note.

I sighed. I had PE, so I wouldn't mind skipping, although my parents would kill me if they found out. But a promise is a promise.

I readjusted my backpack on my shoulder, and made my way to the field. PE is always held in the gym so the field is always empty during school. I made it to the back end, and crawled through the hole in the back fence. It took me to the Junior high baseball field, behind the old shed. The ladder was already set up.

Climbing the old latter would be the difficult part. I wasn't completely convinced that it wouldn't collapse. Nevertheless I made it to the roof of the shed without any collapsing.

Piper was already sitting on the roof.

"Hey"

Piper turned. "Wow. You actually came."

I scoffed playfully. "Yeah well, a promise is a promise." I sighed. "I haven't been up here for... I don't know how long"

"4 years"

I tilted my head "Huh?"

She looked at me. "It's been 4 years"

I nodded sadly. "You were always good at math" Piper gave a sad breathy laugh.

I sat down next to her.

"You know, I'm supposed to be in PE" I said.

"Your welcome then" Said Piper "I saved you from torture"

"I saw the sticky note, like old times. It's the same old shed and the same old ladder. We're only missing one person"

"You know shes gone?" she asked. I nodded.

"She left me an incredibly vague note"

Piper scoffed. "At least you got a note. She shot me a text"

I handed her the note and she gave me her phone. It read: 'I'm only 3 hours away'

"Come fine me-"

"I'm only 3 hours away"

"That girl always makes our lives difficult" said Piper.

"Extremely" We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Hey Perce..."

"Yeah"

"I'm going to find her"

"That's good to hear... Because so am I"

-

Later that day, Piper and I made a plan. It was just complicated enough to work. We ride a bus to New York City, and see what we do from there. Complicated right.

I had told my mom that I was going on a  school planned camping trip. I even made a fake slip for her to sign.

That night I couldn't sleep. I rolled around in my bed, getting my foot twisted in the sheets. I couldn't calm down. New York is big. Bigger than Philadelphia that's for sure. I couldn't shake the feeling that this wasn't a good idea.

I kept telling myself that this is crazy. But so what. Hell ya it's crazy, but it's right! Annabeth is my wife/friend I have to find her. For me, for Piper and for her.

This is right.

I showed up at the bus stop, just like planned. Piper was already sitting their with her bag. I gave a silent wave and sat down next to her.

"Is this smart?" she asked

"Nope"

"But we're gonna do it anyway?"

"Of course"

The bus doors opened and everybody filed in. We placed our bags on the rack, and tried to find a seat. Piper found one, but I was left standing.

The bus doors closed.

"Alrrrrrighty, folks! This is a direct circut drive to NYC! So buckle up! We have a 3 hour drive ahead of us" said the driver over the loud speakers.

I blew of hair out of my face. Annabeth, ready or not here we come, and no matter what we'll find you.

A/N HIIII this is part 2 as promised! Don't worry there will be a part 3... eventually. I really hope you enjoyed! AND HOLY SHIT WE REACHED 8K READS! THATS AMAZING OMG. I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL. MY LITTLE BEANS! I send my love!

 MY LITTLE BEANS! I send my love!

Kisses! XoXo Ciao!