Bokuto Koutarou X Akaashi Keiji My legs didn't always work.

Request

Pairing: Bokuto Koutarou X Akaashi Keiji

Plot: Bokuto finally tells the story of his kneepads to his trusted setter, and boyfriend Akaashi.

****TRIGGER WARNING; FAT SHAMING NOT FEELING GOOD ENOUGH****

Story Begin:

Akaashi's pov:

I know. I know I'm not thin like everyone else. Well everyone else who is on a volleyball team. I'm chubby. I enjoy sweets way more than I should. I used to have a work out schedule I'd do fifty crunches and 15 squats before bed but I don't do that anymore, well I do on an occasion. I've been slightly chubby for as long as I can remember. With million and one things wrong with me I never felt loved. That was until Bokuto came. Brave, loving, perfect Bokuto. MY Bokuto, the Bokuto that little ugly fat me doesn't deserve.

It was a Saturday night, the one I don't think I'll ever forget. But when Bokuto finally realizes or maybe is fed up with ugly me, I'm gonna wish I could.

I was sitting in Bokuto's room our annual Saturday night movie night based on a book I've read. It was as if I couldn't escape my thoughts tonight. These thoughts have plagued my mind more times than I can count.

"Hey Kaashi!" Bokuto shouted while entering his room with a bowl of popcorn and sweets. 'You don't need anymore calories fatso.'

I flinched. Apparently Bokuto noticed because his face grew concerned. "You okay babe?"

I nodded hesitantly. "Yes of course." Bokuto gave me a look that said I-don't-think-so. "I am."

"Yeah. And when you're done lying to yourself, I'll be here." Bokuto Sassed back.

I nodded and felt tears start to come to my eyes. A few silently slipped past the walls I've put up. Bokuto looked at me with sorrow, I willed myself to stop but I couldn't. Bokuto noticing I wouldn't stop wrapped an arm around me and kissed my temple.

"Wanna hear a story?" Bokuto asked me. I nodded my head and nuzzled myself closer to him, my protector. "I didn't always have to wear my knee braces right?"

I looked at him with curiosity, what knee braces?

Bokuto laughed sincerely and smiled down at me. "My knee pads."

His kneepads are braces?

"Well once upon a time, I didn't have to wear Knee braces. I was happy, that was when I was a first year. I was promised the position of ace and captain two years ahead of time. I was 15, it was my birthday my family and I were going to a restaurant. I was laughing in the backseat, a truck hit us, sending us rolling into a ditch. We landed upside down." Bokuto explained to me, as I sat with my mouth open in shock. "I spent two months in coma. When I woke up I was paralyzed from the mid-thigh down. I was thrown into depression pretty soon after that. I had so many surgeries to get my legs to work but they just wouldn't. Soon my parents grew broke from the finances, so I was told I'd just have to tough it out. Finally my first year ended I was still in a wheel chair amazingly though I started to feel movement in my knee caps."

Bokuto swallowed thickly as he retold me the story, almost as if he was telling of a war he partook in which I guess is true. "Over the summer break I forced myself to walk. It was like learning all over again. My knees still kill me from nerve damaging and tearing my meniscus (it's a tissue in your bone).  I have to wear knee braces for special support. The braces have stuff in them that bend and such but are very supportive. When we go to matches I feel like an abomination. Like I don't belong. Technically that's true, I should have stayed in that god forsaken wheelchair."

"I never knew that." I whispered to him. I felt bad for being a crybaby when there was a time when Bokuto couldn't walk.

"Hey. I know what you're thinking." Bokuto bumped shoulders with me to get my attention.

I snapped out of my thoughts and gave him my clueless face. "What do you mean?"

"I shouldn't be sad because he at one point couldn't walk." Bokuto smirked lightly as a red hue painted my skin.

Bokuto chuckled but leaned forward and kissed my nose. "You're perfect." He whispered to me he proceeded to pepper my face in loving soft kisses. He occasionally would whisper sweet nothings.

I am beautiful.

A/n:

done! Yayyyyy! Now I only have two more to go which I hope you don't mind would be most likely done next weekend this week is gonna be super super busy!!!! Sorry y'all I feel like such a terrible author!!!! : (

Hope you enjoyed!

Don't forgot to stay tuned have a nice day and

STAY CLASSY

I do not own haikyuu or any of its characters no copyright infringement intended

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

word count!: 840