Kuroo Tetsuro X Bokuto Koutarou Walk a little straighter daddy

Another request I have three more after this one then I have completed all of my requests! Yayyyy

Anywho!

Pairing: Kuroo Tetsuro X Bokuto Koutarou
Plot: based off the song walk a little straighter by billy currington. Kuroo's dad is a drunk but his bestfriend Bokuto helps him through it. Bokuto was there through it all.

Story begin:

I remember looking up to look up at him.

Kuroo was always after the same person in his life. Always looking for him constantly. Always praying for him. Always admiring him. He was his daddy's boy. No matter how much Bokuto teased him about following his dad around like a lost puppy, Bokuto doesn't get it.

And I remember most the time. He wasn't there.

However no matter how many times Kuroo looked up to his dad, looked for his dad, prayed for his dad, admired his dad, whether it be 0 times or 1o1 times, his dad was never there.

I'd be waiting at the door.

Kuroo would wait hours, days, months for his dad. Bokuto would wait patiently next to him, finally at 8:30 Bokuto would sigh and suggest a new game.

When he got home at night. He'd pass by me so he can go pass out on his chair.

When kuroo's dad did come home he smelt like a bar. Bokuto would watch uneasily as his bestfriend greeted his father at the door with a smile that said a million words but spoke none. Every day Kuroo would wait for his father by the door with anticipation nipping at his eyes. Except every night when kuroo's dad would get home he would sigh and pass out in his chair.

And I'd say, walk a little straighter daddy.

Bokuto would smile sadly as Kuroo followed his dad. Bokuto saw a lot, he was the boy's bestfriend. He was 8 but he knew what was happening, he knew what kuroo's dad was.

You're swaying side to side, your footsteps make me dizzy.

Kuroo followed his father all the way into the kitchen with an itch to tell him everything he and Bokuto did today. Except kuroo's dad just grabbed a beer and left for the chair. It's been this way ever since Kuroo's mom died. His father would pass out in his chair and Kuroo would be left to talk to Bokuto who came over everyday until he has to go home for dinner.

And no matter how I try, I keep trippin and stumbling.

Kuroo shuddered on his first day back to school. He tripped over one of his dad's beer bottles, that laid carelessly next to his chair and broke his arm. Bokuto helped him to his house so his family could take him to the ER. Kuroo's dad came storming through the place with the most worried expression ever, he read the note that they clipped to the door for him. He stumbled through the hospital and a tear of relief came to his eyes when it was just a break.

If you'd look down here then you'll see, walk a little straighter daddy, you're leading me.

Kuroo tried his dad's drink once, it tasted bitter and it was not his favorite. He likes sweet things. His dad came wandering into the room and saw his 12 year old son with a beer in his hand and he laughed. "What makes you think that's a kid's drink son?" He spoke to his son with amusement.
"Sorry dad." Kuroo whispered handing it off to him.
"It's okay, just promise me to never drink until you're 21." Kuroo's dad grinned.

Kuroo grinned back and nodded. "Yes sir!"

He stumbled in the gym, on graduation day.

"Kuroo." Bokuto whisper yelled to him.
"Hm?" Kuroo answered back messing with his robe. When Bokuto didn't answer back, Kuroo looked up to make eye contact with him.

And I couldn't help but feel so ashamed.

Bokuto nodded his head towards the entrance, a look of horror came upon kuroo's face.
Whispers flooded the gym of the old drunk who swayed to his own rhythm. He never sat down he stood by the bleachers.

And I wasn't surprised a bit when he didn't stay, he stumbled out before they could call my name.

Kuroo watched him out of the corner of his eyes, he felt the burn of disappointment but knowing when he turned to leave.

Walk a little straighter daddy, you're swaying side to side, it's not just me who's watching, you've caught everybody's eye.

Kuroo smiled sadly as he watched everyone whisper and watch his drunken father leave the gym, he spared a glance to Bokuto who looked sympathetic. He just smiled and shrugged it off, he already knew Bokuto could see he was lying.

And even though I've turned 18, walk a little straighter daddy, you're still leading me.

Kuroo laughed as he began to search out colleges, his short will was easy to loose, he felt himself slowly giving up.
'Mom' Kuroo thought. 'How long has it been since I prayed? How long has it been since I talked to her or thought about her?' Kuroo sighed heavily and felt tears prick his eyes, he was lost he knew this.

The old man is like he always was, but I love him anyway.

Kuroo smiled as he opened the driver door, Home. He walked up to the door but didn't bother knocking. He walked in and saw familiar beer bottles and the familiar chair past its day. Kuroo laughed as he made his way into the kitchen where he heard a ding and a curse word.

"Hey dad." Kuroo said knocking on the kitchen entry way.

"Oh!" Kuroo's dad responded stumbling all over the place. "Uh the, umm turkey isn't done yet, I-I fell asleep..."

Kuroo smiled and nodded his head. "Yeah that's okay I understand."

"Sooo how's college tets?" Kuroo's dad asked as he stirred the rice.

"It's umm ya know college."

Kuroo's dad's smile vanished. "Actually I wouldn't..." he muttered. As quickly as he could Kuroo's father cleared his throat. "Anywho!..."

If I've learned one thing from him, it's that my kids will never have to say.

"Hey tets?"

"Yeah dad?"

"I am so very proud of you."

"Thanks dad, learnt it from the best."

"Yeah I wish you did. But you didn't. You learned from a bum, a alcoholic, a single father, and a poor excuse for a human being. You deserve so much better son."

Walk a little straighter daddy, you're swaying side to side. Your footsteps make me dizzy and no matter how I try. I keep tripping and stumbling, if you'd look down here then you'd see, walk a little straighter daddy, you're leading me.

"Like I said, I learned from the best dad."

Yeah walk a little straighter daddy, you're leading me!

A/n:

Not exactly what you two wanted!!!! I'm sorry I'm just so backed up and I haven't gotten a good sleep in awhile and I hope that'll do, plus I've never written that pair before so it was hard to, just like I've never really written asanoya or such! If you didn't like it then I guess I could rewrite one next weekend. Also I hope you don't mind I doubled up the two requests since it was the same pair. Oh also I won't be able to finish all the promised stories tonight I'm so sorry!!!

Anywho

Don't forget to stay tuned, have a nice day, and

STAY CLASSY

I do not own haikyuu or any of its characters no copyright infringement intended!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Word count: 1270