Chapter 23: My Favorite Things

Start from the beginning

Gently, she places Nala on top of the little table near the door, so she could fully return Camila's hug. She wants to to keep running her hand all over Camila's back and hair, and she can't fully do that with only one hand.

She hears Camila sniffling like a kid who's been put on a time-out, so she decides to end her misery. "It's okay, Camz. We're okay."

Well, okay, her mouth has obviously decided for her then.

Camila quickly leans back to stare at Lauren with those big brown doe eyes that Lauren absolutely adores, and she bites her lip as if she's trying so hard not to cry. "You're not mad at me?"

"I'm not." Lauren says in a reassuring tone, her hands settling themselves at Camila's waist, her thumbs rubbing circles along the soft skin.

"But I called you a- a s-slut." She whispers, hesitating on the word, as if saying it thrice out loud will summon the boogeyman. "And you left -- and didn't come back for like three days."

"I was hurt, I'm not gonna lie. What you said was wrong. Like, really wrong, Camila."

"I know. I'm sorry." Camila says in a repentant voice. "Are you sure you're not mad at me anymore? You've really forgiven me? Dinah told me I should be ready to grovel."

"I forgive you, because I understand now -- somehow -- where you're coming from. I'm at fault, too, and I apologize for provoking you too many times. I admit I have been inconsiderate and insensitive, too." Lauren says, recalling the conversation she has had with Dinah and Normani. "But I need you to understand that it doesn't give you the right to call anyone that word just because you disapprove of my lifestyle, or because your beauty sleep was disturbed."

"I'm sorry for calling you a slut."

"And I'm sorry for calling you a prude."

She can feel Camila's hug tightening, as if wanting to show her how much she regrets what happened, and Lauren returns the gesture.

"I thought you're never coming back again." Camila's lips quiver against Lauren's collarbone.

"That's not possible. I would never leave Camren behind." Lauren states seriously.

"I've been taking care of her."

"Hey, Camila?"

"Yeah?"

"I kinda wanna see you grovel now." Lauren teases to lighten the mood.

Camila slaps Lauren's arm and takes a step back, and Lauren wants to protest at the sudden lack of warmth her hug provided her, but she keeps her mouth shut.

It was fun while it lasted.

Camila pouts, her bottom lip jutting out in her usual puss in boots expression.

Oh boy is Lauren a sucker for that face. It makes her want to reach out, pull Camila back into her arms, and just kiss the fuck out of her until that bottom lip she's been dying to put in her mouth becomes as red as fresh cherries, and even then, even when Camila's lips are swollen because she couldn't help but suck it and nip at it, she wouldn't stop kissing her.

It's an all-consuming desire that's been building up inside her. Something that also immensely scares her, because she doesn't want to ruin the friendship - or whatever you call what they have - they have miraculously built by acting on her desires. Everything could backfire.

"Lauren?"

She doesn't even realize that she has zoned out and now Camila is eyeing her a little weirdly.