Yeah, totally small problems

Requested by: LoriBulnes

Pairings: Nightwing x reader

Prompt: The reader and Nightwing are engaged. On their wedding day, they encounter some small problems.

I can't believe that today is the day. The day that I marry the love of my life. A smile is gently placed on my face as I stare at myself in the mirror. My white dress clung to my body as I held onto my bouquet of white roses.

I can't believe that this is happening.

"(Y/n), you ready to go?" My maid of honour and best friend, Tyler asked. Classic her is in a black long dress with hints of red on it. However, she's wearing black ripped jeans underneath.

"Yeah I am. " I smiled at her, "Really Ty, rip jeans?" She chuckled and nodded.

"I don't like formalities. I only made an effort as it's yours and Dick's wedding. Both my best friends are getting married, I'm still third wheeling." She gave me a fake pout before laughing. She gestured for me to head into the main church area.

"Right, you ready?" She asked again, a bit of worry lacing her voice.

"Yeah, ready to walk me down the aisle?" I asked her, she responded with a simple nod. I asked her to walk me down the aisle as my parents are dead and most of my family don't know my existence.

She held out her arm, which I gladly took. A muffled sound of music played through the room. Surprisingly, it wasn't the classic music you would normally hear, it was Love Story by Taylor Swift. We strolled down the aisle, Dick's mesmerising blue eyes attached onto mine as I met him at the alter. Tyler pulled him down to so she could whisper in his ear. Fortunately, I managed to catch what she was saying.

"Hurt her, I will hunt you down and torture you until your realise the mistake then get Jason to finish you off." She threatened causing him to nod. Smiling at me, she took her seat between Tim and Damian.

"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Richard John Grayson and  (Y/N)(M/N)(L/N). They will cherish each other through the darkest days of their lives and live in harmony with one another." The priest started but I blocked him out, looking up into Dick's eyes.

"(Y/N), from the day that I met you, I always knew you were the one. Your smile brightens up anyone's day, especially mine, and you put yourself in danger to protect the innocent. I love you and I will cherish you until my dying day. I will protect you until my last breath." Dick spoke as a tear slid down his cheek.

"Dick, I love you so much that you could be classed as an addiction. You are the light through the tunnel of darkness and it's a pleasure to be yours. Even if you fall, I'll be there to pick you up. We'll climb up the challenges and defeat whatever's in our way." I spoke whilst my tears streamed down my blushed cheeks.

"Is there anyone who objects to the marriage of Richard John Grayson and (Your full name), please speak now." The priest questioned. Silence filled the room until crash.

"Objection! They shouldn't!" A psychotic laughter followed afterwards. Joker along with Quinn and their goons entered the church with AK-47s. Bruce and the rest of the family got into a defensive stance.

"Continue with the ceremony, vic." Dick ordered as he pulled me close.

"Do you ta-" The priest collapsed on to the floor, a bullet straight through his brain. A little yelp escaped my throat. That cut the cord. The family started fight, along with me and Dick. For some reason, Tyler was on the stage area.

"You two are seriously not leaving this church until you're married. We going with the Pirates of the Caribbean, Elizabeth Swan and William Turner style ceremony now." Tyler spoke as she dodged a punch, kneeing a thug in the crotch.

"Tyler, now's not the time!" Bruce scolded her as he blocked a kick from the Joker. Out the corner of my eye, Jason was fighting along sides Tyler.

"Too bad. Do you Richard John Grayson take (Your full name) to be your lawfully wedded wife, who you love until your last dying breath?" She questioned in a yelling voice as she flipped over a thug.

"She's serious about us leaving this church married." He whispered to me with a chuckle before yelling, "I do!"

"And do you, (Your full name) take Richard John Grayson to be your lawfully wedded husband, who you will let kick-ass every night whilst being an amazing person at home?" She yelled the question at me. Definitely made that up.

"I do." I responded as Dick swirled me around so I faced him.

"I pronounce you husband and wide. You may now kiss the bride!" She rushed the last part as she ducked a knife attack.

Everything slowed down. All I felt was an electric current running through my body as Dick slammed his lips onto mine.

"Finally!" The two gun enthusiasts sighed in relief. Those two are next...