Chapter Twenty Five

A few days has passed, and nothing really happened between Jordan and I. I tend to stay over there a lot, just to be with Jordan. We had a few arguements, but nothing major happened. But I feel myself slowly fading from Jordan's life and I don't know why, or how to prevent it. It seems as though Jordan is disconnecting me in ways that I can't explain. She's there, but other times she's not.

"I'm in love with Jordan." I tell Casey as we were in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I figured she should at least know.

She looks over at me with an expression I can't explain. "I know." Was all she said.

I stared at her for a moment. "How did you know? I haven't even told anyone, let alone Jordan." I explain.

She chuckles. "Alexis, it doesn't take a dumb person to figure it out. I can see the way you stare at her, and for God sake, you're here all the time. Which I'm not complaining, but it's obvious."

"Do you think Jordan knows?" I ask.

She stays quiet for a while until she faces me. "Alexis, if she knew, she wouldn't be around you as much." I gave her a confused look as she watchs me. "Jordan is a very difficult person, and being in love may not be one of her motives." She says.

I watch her. "What do you mean?"

"She won't fall for you." That broke my heart. She must have saw the look I had, so she specified. "What I meant was, she won't fall for you so quickly. It's going to take some time."

"That's all you've been telling me, Casey. How long is what I want to know."

She shakes her head then sighs. "Months? Years? I really don't know, Alexis."

I wanted to bang my head on the table.

I wasn't here because I wanted Jordan to fall in love with me, although that idea is not bad, but I'm mostly here to help her as much as I can. I want Jordan to love me the way I love her, but if she's not ready then I won't push her.

I sigh. "Thanks Casey." I slightly smile at her.

She nods. "Mind setting the table? The food is almost done." She explains.

I nod and grab some plates and lay them out on the table. After everything was placed, Casey yelled for everyone to come eat, which she was right next to me at the moment, so she screamed in my ear.

"I'm sorry." She chuckles which I only roll my eyes as I sit down. I watch as she sets the food in the middle of the table and I hear footsteps running into the kitchen. I smile as I see Kaylee. "Good morning."

She smiles then comes up to hug me. "Morning." She says as she sits down next to me. We sit there for a few minuutes until I hear more footsteps being made into the kitchen. "Good morning, mom." Kaylee smiles as Jordan walks in further.

Jordan walks over to Kaylee and kissed her head. "Good morning, sweetie." I watch as she takes a seat across from us and Casey sits down next to her sister.

We all sit there while eating, making small talk, enjoying the company. I wasn't eating much as I kept glancing over at Jordan every once in a while. Casey caught me and gave me a small smile as she knew what was going on through my head. I sigh as I sit there pushing the food around my plate. I wasn't hungry.

The last time Jordan and I had a regular talk was days ago. I can't understand what's wrong, and I can't ask her because she pushes me away and it hurts. It always hurts when it comes to her, but it hurts more knowing that I can't do anything to help.

As Casey and Jordan are engaging in conversation, I'm zoned out until I heard my name being called. I look up to see Casey staring at me. "Huh?"

"I asked if you would like to come with us today." She stares at me.