Chapter Twelve

I looked at Casey from across the table and I knew that she knew why we were here in this coffee shop. I didn't explain anything to her over the phone, but she knew something was wrong when she pulled up at the university and I wouldn't talk to her on the way here.

Thank God she didn't have work today.

"So, Alexis," She started as she was pouring sugar into her cup. She looked over at me. "What's up?" She asks.

I stare at her for a moment but couldn't believe that she didn't already know. "Your sister." I plainly said.

She stops what she's doing and watches me. "Oh." She said as she didn't know what else to say. She avoided the conversation by stirring her coffee multiple times as she wouldn't look at me.

"Casey," I said as I watched her. She looked up and I tilted my head a little. "Talk to me." I say.

"About what?" She asks.

Oh, she's good.

"Your sister, Jordan." I say.

She sighs and takes a sip of her coffee then sets it back down. "What about her?"

I wanted to laugh at how clueless she's acting right now. "I need to know why she's acting the way she is. You're the only one who can tell me because clearly she won't."

She shakes her head then looks down. "Alexis," She looks back up and meets my eyes. "How do I put this?" She questions herself. I watch her for a moment, waiting for her to speak. "I can't tell you because I don't even know." I stare at her as I didn't understand what she said. She sighs. "She may be my sister, but that does not mean she shares everything with me. She keeps things from me just as much as she does anyone else."

"Why?" I ask.

She shrugs. "I don't know."

I lean back in the chair and look at her. "Could it be the depression?" I ask.

She grabs her coffee cup with both hands as it's sitting on the table. She looks at me for a moment then looks down. "I don't know what it is. I haven't figured it out." She shakes her head.

"You're a therapist though. That's your job." I explain.

She chuckles as she looks at me. "You think my own sister wants to tell me her problems? It doesn't matter if I'm a damn therapist, who has dealt with many problems before, she will not tell me anything." I stare at her as she looks back at me. "You haven't even seen the real her, have you?" She asks. I shake my head as she stares at me. "What happened anyways? Fight? Is that why we're here?"

I shake my head. "No." She continues to stare at me. "I told her I wanted to be with her." I look down to avoid eye contact.

"What did she say?" Casey asked.

I shrugged but never looked up. "She asked why, then left me." I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but it hurt to say the least.

"You have to try a little harder, Alexis." Casey said which made me look up at her. "She's difficult, but that doesn't mean she's impossible." She slightly smiled at me. "Give her time."

"How much time?" I fear the answer.

Casey was silent for a moment as she sipped her coffee. "It's going to take some patience."

_

I was a nervous wreck.

Why is it always Jordan who makes me nervous?

I paced around in her driveway as I was waiting for her to get home. Casey had told me the time she usually gets off from work, and she also said that Jordan went by to pick up Kaylee before coming home. So, here I was in her driveway, pacing around like a lunatic waiting for her to arrive.