Chapter Thirteen

^Picture of Jordan

As I woke up the next morning, I was in an empty bed. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up then stretched as I looked around the room. It was empty. There was no sign of Jordan.

I got up and went to go find her. As I was walking out of the room, I thought about last night and how she wouldn't open up to me in any way as I was begging her to. She shut me out completely and it hurt a little. I didn't intend to make her upset, I just wanted answers.

I also remember her waking up a few times during the night, but she only laid there as I had a tight grip on her so she wouldn't go anywhere. I wanted her close to me, and I wanted her to know that I didn't want her leaving.

I walked into the kitchen and saw her standing in front of the stove as she was cooking something. I walked further in as I watched her. I yawned as I approached her then stopped next to her as she was looking at me.

I smiled. "Good morning." I rubbed my eyes as I watched her.

She looked back at the stove as she was cooking. "Morning." She said but didn't look at me.

"What are you cooking?" I ask as I watch her.

She looks over at me for a moment then back at the pan. "Frittata." She looked back at me as I was clearly confused. She chuckles. "It's an italian dish."

I looked over at the pan as she was stirring and I was still very much confused. "Ok," I said as I looked at her. "Since when do you know Italian food?" I ask.

She smiled as she was cooking. "My mom knew this woman who was from Italy, and she may have picked up a few cooking techiques from her."

I nod as I watch her. "That's amazing." I look back at the pan. "It's smells good." I looked at all the things that were in it as she was stirring.

"You want a plate?" She asked.

I stared at her. "Well, yeah? I want to try it." I saw her smile and it made me smile. "You're in a good mood today." I say as I hope that didn't just ruin it.

She nods as she looks at me. "Yeah." She makes me a plate then hands it to me. I thank her and we both sit at the table while eating. We didn't talk, but I didn't care.

I heard tiny footsteps make their way into the kitchen and I smiled as I saw Kaylee walk in. She smiles when she sees me then walks to her mom and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning." Jordan smiled at her. "Want some breakfast?" She asks.

Kaylee nods and Jordan gets up. I watch her for a moment until my focus goes back to Kaylee. "How did you sleep?" I ask her.

She yawns and looks at me. "I slept like a baby."

I chuckle. "That's good."

"How did you sleep?" She asks as Jordan walks over and sets a bowl of cereal on the table in front of her.

I look up at Jordan as she looks back at me and I knew she didn't want me saying anything to Kaylee about last night. "I slept great." I smile as I remembered sleeping with Jordan.

She sits back down and I watch her as Kaylee eats. Jordan glances over at me and I smile at her in hopes for her to smile back, but she doesn't.

Great, her moods gone.

"Mommy," Kaylee said as she was looking at her mom. "Are we still going to go see grandma today?" She asks as she takes another spoonful of cereal in her mouth.

I watch Jordan as she looks at her for a moment. "Of course, sweetie." She smiled at her then she looked over at me.

I didn't know her mom was even still alive.