Chapter Fourteen

I was currently sitting in the coffee shop and trying desperately not to fall asleep. I had my head in my hand as my arm was propped on the table, and every once in a few seconds I would start to fall asleep.

I didn't sleep any last night.

I couldn't.

Jordan was keeping me awake. The thought of her alone was keeping me awake. I couldn't get her out of my head, but that never seems to happen anyway since she's always present there. But last night was a little different from the previous nights when she would invade my thoughts.

What happened with her last night kept my mind racing. I couldn't shut my eyes because all I could see was her having a mental breakdown in my head. I saw everything that happened last night replay in my head and I could not get one minute of sleep.

I was exhausted beyond anything.

I stared down at the coffee that was placed in front of me a few minute ago. I had sipped from it from time to time, but coffee never really got me going like I hoped it would. Instead, it drained me to say the least and I hate it.

How someone can drink coffee on a regular basis and be perked up to start the day, without feeling any bit of tiredness, is beyond me. I don't know how they do it. Especially Jordan.

How can she drink coffee late at night. I understand she can't sleep, but is coffee the answer to your sleeping problems? Wouldn't that only make it worse? She would never tell me why, so I still have those unanswered questions in my head.

After a few more minutes of trying to not fall asleep, I heard the door to the shop make a noise then followed by footsteps that were approaching me. I knew who it was, and I'm so glad she decided to come and chat with me.

I looked up and met her eyes as she slightly smiled at me then sat down across from me. I took in her appearance as she was sitting there, and she looked very pretty today, but of course she is because she's Jordan's sister, and they both are gorgeous women.

I sighed. "Thank you for coming." I grabbed my cup of coffee and sipped it as I was watching her.

"Yeah, why did you ask for us to meet?" She asked. Like she doesn't already know. This has been a routine for us. Every time Jordan hurts me, we meet here and discuss about it. I don't know why she hasn't picked up on that yet. "Is it Jordan?" There it is.

I nodded. "When is it not about her?" I questioned.

She stared at me for a moment until she sighed. "Alexis," She started. "Every time Jordan does something that upsets you, you can't come to me with these problems because I do not have the solution for them. You have to solve them yourself."

I rolled my eyes. I don't have the energy to do it myself. She's a damn therapist for crying out loud, she should know this shit. Why is she acting like it's only my problem?

"Casey, she's your sister if I do recall. You have known her longer than I. You knew what she was going through long before I did. I know nothing about this shit, but yet you're acting like I have to do it myself."

"Because you do have to figure this out yourself, ok? Try a little harder." I watched as she stared at me, but I didn't know what else to say. It's obvious that I know what she's saying, but this whole concept is seriously draining me. "What happened to your arm?"

I looked up as she was looking at me and I had forgot about my arm. The stinging stopped last night, so it really hasn't been bothering me any today. I can very well still see the indentations from where her nails were in my arm.

I looked back up at her as she was still watching me. "Jordan, um.. did it last night." I watched as her expression went from curious to confused.

"Ok, why?"