Chapter 50

Hey everyone,

So I'm sorry for the lack of updates the last two weeks. I have had the most crazy week of my life. I graduate next week so I have spent the entire week trying to get everything ready and get all of my work done. I'm am just so lucky that I have already finished writing this book and the only this I have to do is post the chapters.

I am going to update now and tonight to make up for the time I haven't update so we are still up to date with updates and where we are supposed to be in the book.

Anyway, this book is quickly coming to end end and I hope that you enjoy these last few chapters. I felt bittersweet writing them.

*~*~*~*

We continued to fall until the ground came quicker than we thought and we all landed with a 'thud.'

"Everyone okay?" Thomas asked through the darkness.

A series of "yes's" and "I'm fine's" came from the Gladers as a door suddenly creaked open in front of us.

"Lizzy, you alright?" Newt's figure suddenly dropped down beside me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm good."

He smiled before taking my arms in his hands and helping me off the cold floor.

I got myself to my feet and stood by my brother's side as Teresa slowly pushed the door open all the way.

I followed my brother as he cautiously walked through the door along with the rest of the Gladers.

I stayed glued to Newt's side as all of us found ourselves in a long dark hallway.

We all watched as Thomas walked out in front and looked around.

Where the hell are we?

A loud bang suddenly came from behind us before lighting started turning on from down the hallway, slowly turning on in rows, eventually going past us.

Everyone followed as Thomas began traveling down the long hallway.

I looked around at all the other Gladers dropping my head down to look at my feet.

My mind then started to catch up with my body as I realised what we had just done.

We had solved the Maze and survived.

We were free.

I then remembered all of the people that died trying to get us out. I remembered Jeff being dragged to his death by those horrible monsters.

I had really come to like Jeff as a friend, and now he was gone.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts as all the Gladers came to a halt.

I looked up and saw everyone looking at a door with the sign 'EXIT' above it in green.

"Seriously?" Frypan commented as we all stared at the door.

I could see what he meant. In a way this was just insulting after everything we had just been through.

We all waited in silence as Thomas took a step forwards and crept towards the door and pulled the handle, opening it.

I grabbed my brother's hand as Thomas pushed the door all the way open.

Thomas shuffled inside, looking side to side as he did. I could see something inside the room that was concerning him.