Chapter 13

=Minho=

It had been 2 days since a search party had started looking for the missing Newbie. A lot of the Runners had started to up and were only looking because Minho had ordered them to.

Minho though wasn't giving up until he found at least a body. He wasn't giving up hope yet. He had been out in the Maze longer than any of the other Runners, even cutting it a little close at times.

*¬*¬*¬*¬*

Minho rushed towards the doors of the Maze. The Doors were about to close at any minute. He was so obsessed with finding his friend, he wasn't keeping track of time.

The Glade came into sight as the Keeper turned the next corner and saw the whole Glade waiting for him.

"There he is!" A glader yelled out as the stone doors began to close.

"Come on, Minho!" Someone else shouted before the entire Glade erupted into yelling and screaming.

Minho pushed himself to run even faster as the doors got closer and closer together.

4 metres.

3 metres.

2 metres.

The doors were closing quickly.

The Glade became dead silent as Minho squeezed himself through the last remaining metre and fell in a heap on the ground of the Glade.

"Zart, get him some water," Newt commanded before kneeling down beside the Runner.

"What the Shuck were you thinking?" Newt asked in disbelief.

"I was... so focused on finding her... I didn't... see the time," He tried to explain.

"Well, it's not going to do Lizzy any good if you end up getting yourself killed tryin' to bloody find her," Newt told him.

Minho nodded. " I know. I just want to find her already."

"Come on, let's get you somewhere more comfortable," Newt pulled the Keeper to his feet and led him towards the Kitchen.

*¬*¬*¬*¬*

After that experience, Minho wasn't planning on doing that again. He just wished he knew where to look.

He had found nothing that could help him find her. Each Runner had said the same thing when they got back to the Glade each night.

"No sign of her or anything that can help us find her."

Most of the people in the Glade had lost hope and assumed she was dead by now. There was no way anyone could survive one night alone in the Maze, let alone two.

That didn't stop Minho though. He was going to keep looking until he got proof that was set in the stone.

Minho rounded another corner just like he need everyday, trying to find some sort of body.

Left.

Right.

Left.

Left.

This continuous cycle of trying to find Elizabeth was the only thing that kept him going these last couple of days.

It wasn't until he made another 2 rights that he saw it. If he hadn't been looking or paying attention he wouldn't easily missed it.

A body.

Not just any body though.

A female body.

Minho change from his current path and ran towards the figure.

"ELIZABETH!" He dropped down beside the girl and rolled her onto her back.

His eyes widened when he saw the sight of the girl. She was a mess. Her hands had blood and bruises all over them. Her shirt was torn and completely drenched in her own blood and to top it off, her left wrist was completely swollen.

Hoping for the best, Minho leaned his ear down to her face and felt a quick, short breath blow against his face.

She was alive.

"Liz," He grabbed her hand.

He pulled her off the floor and into his arms. "Just hold on Liz."

Getting to his feet, he started running back towards the Glade as fast as he could. He wasn't going to let her die like this. Whatever had happened that night clearly had her hanging onto her life.

Minho looked down and noticed two wounds on her stomach. One of them stood out to his however, it was a sting. Even worse, it was a Griever sting.

That was all he needed to push him to get back to the Glade faster.

He made his way through the Maze, trying not to swing Elizabeth around too much. She must've been in enough pain as it was.

After running the route his took into the place, the Glade came into view. He burst through the doors and yelled the first thing that came to his mind.

"Somebody get Newt!"

Within a few seconds Newt came hobbling over to the Runner as fast as he could and his jaw dropped when he saw the girl sitting in his arms.

"Is she...?" He trailed off.

"She's alive, but she's been stung and I think stabbed," Minho answered.

"Go and get the Med-Jack's, I'll take her," Newt told him before lifting Elizabeth out of Minho's arms and into his own.

Minho nodded before sprinting as hard as he could towards the Homestead.

Word count: 827

Edited: 24/10/2016