Chapter 1

=Elizabeth=

"Elizabeth, what are you doing?" A young teenage boy asked, running up to a younger girl.

"I needed to see you," The girl answered, hugging the boy.

"You can't be here. You know what they will do," He told Elizabeth, wrapping his arms around her small frame.

"I don't care. I can't lose anyone else," The girl explained, tightening her grip.

"You won't lose me Lizzy. I won't let them do anything," The boy replied.

"God, I hope not," Elizabeth replied.

*~*~*~*

"We can't keep this up forever. She's lost too much weight already," A voice began to pull me out of the darkness that was surrounding me.

"I still want to know how she knows Newt," Another voice commented, clearly male.

"What did he say to you?"

"That's between me and him, but what I can say is when she wakes up we need to find out what she knows and work from there."

I couldn't take not knowing what was going on.

I snapped my eyes open and shot up from my spot in the room. I looked around and saw I was sitting in a semi-large room. What was I doing here? How did I even get here? In fact, where am I?

I then realised I couldn't remember anything. Like anything, not even my own name.

"Elizabeth."

Why did that name sound familiar? Maybe it was my name.

"Your name is Elizabeth."

Well, I wasn't wrong. Now, to find out where I was and what was going on.

I frantically looked around the room for an exit before a voice started talking to me.

"Calm down. No one's going to hurt you," A dark-skinned boy held his hands out.

"I wish I could say I believe you," I spat, not trusting this boy at all.

"Look, just know that we have all been through what you are going through right now," The boy next to him said.

This boy had olive coloured skin and an afro for hair.

"Sure, because you've woken up and been locked in a room with two boys you don't even know," I replied sarcastically.

I watched the two boys for a moment before bolting past them, running down a flight of stairs and found my way out to a massive green field.

I continued to run until I came to a large tree that held a tree house. I looked around me before quickly climbing into the wooden house and sat at the top as voices started calling out across the field.

I looked around and saw a pile of rocks sitting beside me. I reached down and wrapped my fingers around a small grey rock, picking it up.

"We just want to talk!" A voice yelled to me.

Without a second thought I threw the rock over the edge, hoping to scare whoever was trying to get to me.

"Whoa, look out!" I heard someone scream as the rock flew to the ground.

"Get away from me!" I shouted over the top of all the boys.

"Calm down!" Someone told me.

"I tossed another rock over the tree house, hoping to actually hit somebody this time.