Chapter 30

Hi guys, So I'm sorry about the lack of updates. I have had a crazy couple of weeks and had no time to sit down and upload the chapters I had prepared. I'm so sorry. Because I missed two weeks of updates I'm going to give you two chapters today. One now and one later.

Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter guys, thing are going to start getting interesting.

Thanks Shanks, Paige.

*~*~*~*

"Come on guys. Can't we send someone after them?" Thomas asked as everyone in the Glade stood in front of the Maze doors, waiting for Minho and Alby.

The Doors were about to close any minute now and neither one of them were back yet. This was the last thing we needed right now.

"That's against the rules. Either they make it back or they don't," Gally replied from his place on the ground.

Newt suddenly spoke up from beside me. "We can't risk losing anyone else."

My nerves started to rub raw as the Maze Doors began to close for the night. Where were they?

For the first time since I got here, I wished the doors would stay open just a little longer.

"Oh no," Chuck breathed.

Suddenly Thomas pointed into the Maze. "There!"

Everyone followed Thomas' hand and stared into the Maze where we saw 2 figures coming towards us from within the Maze, one dragging the other.

Minho and Alby.

"Wait, there's something wrong," Newt announced.

New was right, something was wrong. Alby was on the floor unconscious with Minho pulling him back towards the Glade by his legs.

"Come on, Minho you can do it!" Chuck yelled before the whole Glade erupted into noise.

"Come on!"

"Go!"

"You can make it!"

"Minho, you gotta leave him!" That was Gally.

How could he say something like that? We can't just leave Alby out there.

"They're not gonna make it," My brother said worriedly as the rest of the Glade continued screaming.

Everything started to feel like it was happening in slow motion. I looked up at the doors, willing for them to stop or slow down at least.

The sudden urge of running into the Maze to help them came to me. I wasn't ure why I felt this way, but I just wanted to rush in and help Minho.

I looked side to side at everyone around me before my instincts just took over.

Before I could stop myself, I ran forward and squeezed through the last gap in the Doors, trying to get to Minho.

"Elizabeth, no!"

"Lizzy, don't!"

I fell to the ground as something pushed me through the last remaining part of the Doors.

I spun my head around only to find Thomas lying on the floor beside me.

He followed me?

Edited: 23/4/2017

Word Count: 632