Chapter 26

Hey guys, sorry this chapter is late, I have had to edit this chapter again as I never got time to finish editing it the first time. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter things are going to start heating up now, leading up to the main problem in the story, I had so much fun writing the next few chapters to come and I hope you Shanks will enjoy them just as much as I had writing them.

Also for those for you that are from the UK and watch the English TV show Casualty, I have recently uploaded a new story about the characters from that world and I think you guys would enjoy it. It is called "The lost Hardy."

As for this story, enjoy the chapter Shanks, Paige xx

*~*~*~*

I woke up the next morning to the rumbling of the Maze doors opening for the day.

I rolled out of bed and slipped on my boots. Today I decided I should 'get to know' Thomas a little better. If I knew him before I was sent here then maybe he was starting to remember things too.

I pulled my hoodie over my shoulders and made my way out of my room and towards the Kitchen for breakfast.

When I got there I grabbed my portion from Frypan and took a seat at a table with Chuck, Clint and a few other Gladers that I knew, but never really talked to.

"Morning," I greeted, setting myself down next to Chuck.

"Hey Elizabeth," Chuck smiled back.

"Have the Runners already left?" I asked.

Clint nodded. "Yeah, they left a few minutes ago."

I nodded and left the conversation there, beginning to eat my bacon and eggs.

'Lizzy.'

I froze in my seat, but tried not to show it as Teresa's voice echoed through my mind.

'Been a while since I've heard from you.' I replied back.

'Yeah, they're getting ready to send me up to join you.'

What! They can't do that. People need to stop being sent up. This isn't fair.

'Don't let them do this to you Teresa.' I told her.

'I have to Liz. I have to trigger the ending.'

What was she talking about? What did she mean by 'trigger the ending?'

'Teresa, you really have to tell me what's going on. No more games,' I demanded an explanation.

'They're coming. I have to go.'

'No Teresa! Tell me what's going on!' I screamed at her.

'Be ready.'

Then she was gone... again.

I shook my head in annoyance before pushing my plate over to Chuck. "Here, you finish mine Chuck. I need to get to work."

Maybe some work would clear my mind.

I left without another word and walked over to the Gardens where I saw Newt and Thomas talking.

"Has anyone tried climbing to the top?" Thomas asked.

"Tried it. The ivy doesn't go all the way to the top. And besides, where are you goin' to go from there?" My brother replied, tying some rope off to one of the plants.

"And what about the Box? You know, next time it comes up-" Newt cut him off.

"No, we tried that. The Box won't go back down with someone in it."