Chapter 40

Hi guys, so let me explain my absence. I have had a lot going on the last 2 weeks and it has been so crazy that I haven't even had time to think about this book and updating it, but I hope that things will start to go back to the way they were before all this drama kicked in. I have had a hard couple of weeks, but am finally able to sit down and clear my head. Because I have missed two weeks of updating, you guys are going to get the two chapters you were supposed to get so we are all caught up with the schedule.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Things are going to start getting interesting now.

*~*~*~*~*

"She's the last one. What does that mean?" Teresa asked as we sat at the edge of the Treehouse.

Thomas shrugged. "I'm not sure. Ever since you came up, the Box hasn't gone back down."

"We just think it's got everyone a little worried," I added.

"Especially Gally," Thomas jumped in, turning his head towards the Builder who was keeping a good eye on us from the ground.

Teresa looked down at her feet. "He's thinks it's my fault."

"Are you sure you don't remember anything else?" Thomas questioned.

"I remember water... feeling like I was drowning. These faces staring at me. And this woman's voice saying the same thing over and over-" Teresa was stopped by Thomas and me.

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good."

We both turned towards him. How the hell did he know about W.I.C.K.E.D? I thought I was the only one to know about them.

"Ever since I've been here, I've had these dreams. Well, I thought they were dreams," he explained.

Thomas' gaze then switched to us. "You... you were there. You both were."

This was all new to me. Why didn't he tell me?

"You both told me that everything was going to change," He finished.

Teresa just stared at him. "What does it mean?"

"I don't know. I just always get pieces," Thomas replied.

It was now or never.

"Just like me," I blurted out.

They both spun their heads towards me.

"You get dreams too?" Thomas asked.

I nodded. "Well, I used to. I don't get them as much now."

"When I first arrived here I would get dreams of the 3 of us. We were all close friends. We told each other that we weren't going to let W.I.C.K.E.D put anyone else into the Maze. we tried to come up with a plan to stop them after my brother was sent up, but it doesn't look like it worked because we are all here," I explained, not missing out a thing.

They both looked at me with wides eyes.

"You have a brother?" Thomas asked.

I nodded.

"Who?" He pushed.

I hesitated before finally giving them my answer.

"Newt."

"Newt's your brother?" Thomas choked out.

I nodded again. "His real name was Isaac before W.I.C.K.E.D changed it."

"Does he know?" Teresa asked.

"No, and I have no idea on how to tell him," I sighed.

"So wait, the others don't remember anything?" Teresa questioned.

We shook our heads. "No."

"Why are we different?" Thomas asked the pair of us.

I shook my head. "I don't know, but you can't tell Newt about who I really am. He has enough the worry about."

Both Teresa and Thomas nodded causing me a smile to play at my lips. I knew I could trust them.

I suddenly saw Teresa reaching into her pocket.

"What is that?" I pointed something out.

"These were in my pocket when I came up," She handed one to both of us.

I examined the cylinder she had placed in my hands. It was long and thin with some kind of blue liquid inside along with letters engraved on the side.

'W.C.K.D.'

"W.I.C.K.E.D is good," Thomas mumbled to himself.

Teresa looked at us. "What if the 3 of us were sent here for a reason?"

Before I could answer Thomas' eyes got big.

"Alby."

Word Count 552

Edited: 19/6/2017