Chapter 6 : Regretful Past

Lena walked through the medical wing hallways , on her way to see Y/n . She found the room and entered to see Mercy with a clipboard and pen in her hand . Y/n was on the bed , a few bandages and plasters here and there . "How is she , love?" Lena asks , anxious for Y/n's condition . "She's fine . Nothing that can kill her but she woke up earlier from a nightmare . Something about her uncle . And when I asked her , she immediately froze." Mercy explains .

"So , when will she wake up?" Lena asks . "Soon . Don't worry." Mercy assures the Brit . "Alright . Its just that , I'm worried." Lena sighs . "We all are . She had made quite a number of friends already here at Overwatch . When most of out previous new recruits would just isolate themselves." Mercy thinks . "Yeah , she really is something." Lena smiles looking at the raven haired girl .

"Something special to you I assume ? D.Va spread the word without Y/n's knowing so don't worry." Mercy smirks . Lena blushes at the comment and just nods thankfully . "Just , don't break her heart . From what I saw when she woke up , she's on the edge if snapping soon." Mercy warns . "You got it , love." Lena says , energetically . All of a sudden , Y/n started groaning and turning in her sleep . "Y/n?" Lena called softly . Y/n struggled more in her sleep then she shot up from the bed , panting and eyes wide .

"You alright , love?" Lena asks . Y/n looked around for a second as if she didn't know where she was then let out a sigh of relief . "Y/n , readings show that you have slight nightmares at night . Is this true?" Mercy questions . "Yeah." Y/n replied weakly . "I suggest you share your problem with someone to ease the problem." Mercy suggests . She looks between Y/n and Lena then smiles . "Well , I'll leave you two to it." Mercy leaves . The two were silent until Y/n spoke up . "Are you good ? Did he get you?" Y/n asks .

"I'm fine . Thanks for saving me , love." Lena thanks . "Its my pleasure." Y/n smiles . But the smile didn't reach her eyes . Lena knew Y/n was hiding something and she was determined ti find out what . "You know Y/n , Angela said you should share your problems . So why don't you?" Lena asks nervously . The Brit expected her to look at her weirdly but instead the black eyed girl gave her a warm smile . "Okay , then . Where do I begin?" Y/n started off .

*Flashback*

Y/n was playing around the house , her uncld looking after her , while her parents were out doing whatever . "Uncle ? Can you teach me how to fight the monsters?" the seven year old asked . "And why would you want to learn that little stinger?" her uncle asked . "I want to help mommy , daddy and you fight the meanies!" Y/n answers .

"How about we give you a weapon?" her uncle smiles . He brings littlr Y/n down into the basement , where all the weapons are stored . "Choose one , Scorpio." the man said . Y/n jumped uo and down happily as she chose her weapons . She was about to pick up a sword when a scythe caught her eye . She walked up to it and touched it lightly . She picked it up slowly and showed it to her uncle . "I want this one!" Y/n says , struggling to hold it up .

"Thats pretty big for you but it can work . Now let me show you how to use it." her uncle smiles . He taught her all afternoon about strategies , positions and attacks . "Y/n ! We're home!" a voice calls . "Daddy!" Y/n cheers . She runs to greet them but trips and falls down . "You okay?" her uncle asks coming from behind her . "It hurts." Y/n tears up a bit . "Its okay Scorpio , uncle will fix the ouchies." he smiles . He patches up the wound with a plaster and pats it a bit . "Now , go see your parents." he encourages . Y/n stood up happily and continued running to her parents .

*Flashback*

"But thats not the end of it." Y/n says sadly . Lena looks at her worried and holds her hand . Y/n smiles and continues her story .

*Flashback*

Twelve year old Y/n was chilling watching TV in the living room while her parents were in their bedroom , doing their own thing . Y/n had been taking classes from her uncle for fuve years and still is , perfecting her skills . All of a sudden , she heard a loud glass break and the sound of a muffled gunshot . She rushed to her parents bedroom and broke down the door to see what she dreaded most .

Her parents were on the ground , surrounded by their own blood . The killer was a man with a black coat , a weird symbol on his shirt and a bandana around his mouth . Y/n did the only thing she could think off , fight . She grabbed a nearby mug and ran up to the man and beat him with it . She kicked him in the knees , making him drop to the floor .

She kicked him in the face , knocking him out . She stood up and looked around her . She was terrified . "Y/n!" she hears a voice . Her uncle enters the bedroom and engulfs the girl in a hug . "Where does it hurt?" he asks . Y/n wasn't even able to say a word , instead she just pointed to her heart . "Its alright , uncle will fix the ouchies." he smiles .

"Uncle?" Y/n asks and he hums in response . "Can I join you to fight?" Y/n asks . "Ofcourse." he answers .

*Flashback*

"So then , I got captured by Talon , trained , thrown out now here I am." Y/n says . "What happened to your uncle?" Lena asks . The girl just shrugged her shoulders . "Its alright , love . It wasn't your fault." Lena comforts . "But the past still flashes through my mind." Y/n says .

And done ! I hope ya'll are enjoying this . Please do and see ya !!
-Canine🐾