Lemonade Mouth (Calum Hood) - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"You must have been a genius at your old school," Calum commented, making the other two boys snicker softly.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes, "It still sucks."

"Can you guys just be quiet before Mrs. Hughes comes back?" you murmured, directing all eyes to you, "I don't need more detention."

"Who even are you?" Calum asked, still not having placed where he'd seen you before. You sighed sharply, looking over your shoulder at him.

"We have Biology together," you told him, "I just saw you in fifth period."

"Are you sure?"

"Am I sure whether or not the tall guy with the blonde streaks in his hair wearing a leather jacket in the middle of September is in my Biology class?" you grumbled, turning back to your homework, "You know, now that you mention it, I might be thinking of someone else." The three boys laughed a little louder while Calum let out a small, amused breath out of his nose, crossing his arms and leaning back in his seat.

The room was quiet for a few moments until Ashton started tapping his fingers on his desktop. You tried not to let it bother you – you tried to block it out – but when the other boys got up from their desks, the distraction became too much. You looked up and watched them smile as they walked to the other side of the room – Calum going to the piano, Michael grabbing a guitar, Luke finding a cello, and Ashton made his way to the drum set.

"What are you guys doing?" you asked as they started playing, "We're gonna get in trouble."

"She didn't say we couldn't play music," Michael reminded you.

You looked back down at your papers, subconsciously beginning to tap your foot along to the beat of Ashton's drumming. You missed Michael smile at the other three and nod toward you, all of them smiling when they noticed your foot – and you even surprised them when you started singing.

Na na na na na, na na

Take a look around; who would have thought we'd all be here?
So let's mess around, 'cause the future is unclear
We got nothing better to do; we're just trying to get through
Can you hear me? Can you hear me? Yeah

You got up from your seat, walking over to the other side of the room with the boys.

Let the music groove you
Let the melody move you
Feel the beat and just let go
Get the rhythm into your soul

Let the music take you anywhere it wants to
When we're stuck and can't get free
No matter what, we'll still be singing

Come on, come on, turn up the music
It's all we got; we're gonna use it
Come on, come on, turn up the music
Yeah

All we have is now
Let's make the most of this
Come on, break it out
So everyone can hear it

They don't have to understand
But we'll make 'em if we can
Do you hear me? Are you with me?
Yeah

Let the music groove you
Let the melody move you
Feel the beat and just let go
Get the rhythm into your soul

Let the music take you anywhere it wants to
When we're stuck and can't get free
No matter what, we'll still be singing

Come on, come on, turn up the music
It's all we got, we're gonna use it
Come on, come on, turn up the music
Yeah