Heaven Sent (Ryan Follese)

my boi meghan wanted a birthday imagine again this year so a birthday imagine i have written

~

"Why is everything so stupid?!" you shouted, slamming your apartment door behind you, too upset to care about your neighbors. Your boyfriend came out of the kitchen with a smile on his face, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall beside him.

"Bad day?" he asked, only earning himself an eye roll from you before you threw yourself onto the couch with your face in one of the pillows.

Ryan pushed himself off of the wall and walked over to you, grabbed the shoulders of your coat, and took it off of you without you moving so much as a centimeter. After hanging up the coat in the closet by the front door, he returned to you, climbing on top of you and sitting himself on your thighs.

"Ryan," you groaned at the sudden weight before you cut yourself off when you felt his hands back on your shoulders and his thumbs working at the knots in your back. You sighed in content, hearing Ryan chuckle when he felt you relax for what he was sure was the first time that day.

"You wanna talk about it?" he asked you, "Might make you feel better." You let out a sharp breath, but you knew he was right.

"Today was great – until I got out of bed," you said, hearing him laugh again, "Then, on my way to work, I hit a poor little squirrel when it ran out into the road! I couldn't even come back to pay my respects because the road was closed on the way home and I had to go the long way!" Ryan bent down to kiss the top of your ear as you rambled on. "Then this girl came in at 7 and ordered like, 10 things and it was obvious she was an intern but who does that?! What kind of egotistical dirtbag makes their intern get coffee for everyone and not even force someone else to tag along and help her out?! And then my manager had the nerve to yell at me for leaving the building during my shift even though I was helping the girl get all her shit to her car! And then lunch comes around and there's a difference between ordering something for the first time and deliberately trying to make your barista's life a fucking shit show! And then the part of the machine that makes the coffee frothy decided to kick the bucket for two hours and it was like this bitch thought the entire staff was out to ruin her day all because she didn't have any tasteless foam floating at the top of her stupid drink! And then these two people who clearly met on Tinder came in before my shift ended and this piece of shit spent the whole time talking about himself and when she did speak, he was on his phone not even paying attention to her! Why would you go out with someone if you were just going to ignore them?! Like, how far up your own ass do you have to be?! He's lucky I wasn't on that date with him because, I swear to God, I would have ripped him a new one." You finally ended your rant with a deep exhale, and Ryan waited a moment to make sure you were actually done before speaking again.

"I think you need more than a neck massage to wind you down from that kind of day, princess," he commented.

"Like what?" you whined when he took his hands off of your neck.

"I made your favorite for dinner," he mentioned, noticing your face move a bit as you smiled.

Ryan got off of you to let you turn onto your back so he could grab your hand and pull you to your feet. He brought you into him and kissed your forehead, hugging you for a moment before releasing you to lead you into the kitchen.

Dinner was already set up on the table, your favorite drink being served in wine glasses making you giggle. You heard Ryan smile at the sound of it as he pulled your chair out for you. You reached up to kiss his cheek before sitting down, feeling his smile get wider. He then sat down at the table across from you and you toasted your glasses with another giggle as he started telling you about his day as you ate.

~

When dinner was finished, Ryan insisted you stay put while he did the dishes. You didn't, of course, standing behind him as he was at the sink with your arms around his waist and your head lying on his upper back.

It wasn't until he was done with the dishes that he spoke again.

"I got you something while I was out today," Ryan mentioned.

"Mhmm?" you hummed, "And what might that something be?"

He had you take your arms off of him so he could take your hand and bring you into the bathroom. He handed you the gift bag that was on the counter top, watching you as you pulled out the tissue paper.

"You went into Lush by yourself?" you giggled, pulling out the familiar crinkly packaging and opening it so you could smell the bath bomb.

"I picked out a new one I thought you would like," he said shyly. You grinned again, leaning in to press a kiss to his cheek. "I think you should use it now," he mentioned, "Might help you relax even more after that day at work."

You smiled again with a nod, prompting Ryan to go to the tub and start filling it for you. You grabbed a hair tie and put your hair up on the top of your head, not wanting it to get wet. You excitedly opened the bag and plopped the bath bomb into the water when the tub was finally filled, mesmerized by the colors now floating around.

You felt your boyfriend come up behind you, his hands grabbing the bottom hem of your shirt and pulling it over your head, your pants following it to the floor not long after.

"You're so beautiful," he said softly, making you blush. Ryan always complimented you – especially when you were wearing little to no clothing – but it never failed to make your cheeks red and your stomach fill with butterflies.

He helped you take off your bra and underwear as well, letting you hear him chuckle as you let out a relieved sigh when the bra was off – he'd always found you willingly wearing uncomfortable bras to be somewhat amusing. He gave you one last peck to the head before helping you into the tub, watching you sink down until everything below your collarbones was underwater and close your eyes in content. He went to leave, but stopped when he heard your voice.

"Ry," you murmured, making him turn around, "Stay?"

You stuck your bottom lip out for good measure, but you knew he would have anyway – he never passed up the opportunity to take a bath with you. So Ryan simply smiled before stripping himself and climbing into the tub behind you. You grinned again, waiting until he got comfortable to scoot backwards while his arms wrapped around your bare waist.

"Happy birthday, princess," he murmured, kissing the side of your head as you laid your head on his shoulder with another peaceful sigh.

~

does this title make sense??? no. but when has anything i've done ever made sense.