In An Instant (Ashton Irwin) - Part 3

personally i need a break from this election so i decided to hopefully spread some happiness an hour earlier than usual

but i didnt proofread very well because ur girl doesnt need any more change

~

You were being led down a hallway in the NCIS building, confused by the people smiling at you as you passed. Your sister had just left you with this man – Caleb – telling you it was okay to trust him.

But why would you trust him? You had no idea who he was, and he was leading you toward the door with 'INTERROGATION' written on it.

"Am I in trouble?" you wondered out loud. Caleb paused for a moment, looking at you in confusion.

"No, you're not in trouble," he said, "Why would you be in trouble?"

"Why would you be leading me to interrogation?" you countered.

"I'm just following orders, Y/N, and this is where I was told to take you." He opened the door for you, leading you in. He pulled out the chair for you, having you sit down.

"Agent Ryan," you spoke up as he was leaving, making him turn back around. "When can I go home?" you asked. He let out a breath, eyeing you for a moment.

"When I know, you'll know," he replied, closing the door behind him.

~

Not even 20 minutes later, you were joined again – but not by Agent Ryan. You jumped lightly when the door flung opened, your head snapping up.

You watched a brown-haired man stumble into the room with three other men not far behind him. They visibly sighed when they saw you, but it only made you more confused if anything.

"Y/N," the first man breathed.

"Yes..." you said slowly.

"Where have you been?"

"Here, sir."

"Why are you calling me that?" he furrowed his eyebrows, "You've never called me that."

"I... I don't know you, sir," you answered. All four men froze, their eyes widening as they looked at each other.

Suddenly, three of them ran off, leaving you alone with the brunette.

"Am I being interrogated?" you asked as he closed the door, "Did I... Did I do something wrong?"

"Why do you think that?" he returned, looking at you curiously.

"This is an interrogation room, isn't it?" you asked, looking around, "I've seen them on TV."

"TV?" he shook his head, "Y/N, you've seen these rooms every day for the past four years." The look of confusion you'd given him was enough to prompt him to walk over to you.

He leaned back on the table beside you, pulling something out of his pocket and putting it in front of you. You looked down at it, seeing your own face smiling back at you on an NCIS badge.

"You work here, Y/N," he informed you. You let out a confused laugh, shaking your head.

"I don't know what's going on here," you said, "But that's not mine."

"What do you mean it's not yours?"

"I don't work here, sir," you insisted, "I don't work anywhere. I mean, I have a part-time job at McDonald's, but that's only because I'm trying to get through college. I literally just started school at GWU like, three months ago." The man stared at you for a moment before pulling his phone out of his pocket and scurrying out of the room.