Lemonade Mouth (Calum Hood) - Part 1

it'll be pretty obvious who's who as ur reading but just in case u wanna know

olivia: y/n
wen: calum
mo: luke
stella: michael
charlie: ashton

listen. i know luke doesnt play bass but. i can dream.

so i don't mention how the boys get detention, but basically it's the same as the movie almost: new kid michael got detention the same way stella did, ashton purposefully hit someone with a soccer ball at practice, calum was late to class (not like wen but he's the bad boy of the school and he has a step-mom that he doesn't like (like wen) just so ur not confused later), and luke skipped class with someone i guess idfk

ok i'll shut up now thanks for reading if u decide to continue ily

~

DETENTION

This is where it all started.

It was a Tuesday afternoon and you had been given detention for the first time in your life. It was an unlawful punishment for your only infraction of skipping first period to hide out in the supply closet and practice for the presentation you had to give later that day. But then again, the Principal was the one who found you, so... You couldn't say you were surprised.

You were the first person in the detention room – the music room – and sat at the desk right in front of the teacher's. You smiled slightly when she looked up at you, but quickly pulled your homework so you didn't have to make eye contact with anybody.

Another solid two minutes passed before the next two people unlucky enough to receive detention strolled into the room. One of them sat at the desk behind you while the other went to the one two away from you. Another person came in not long after – maybe 15 seconds later – and took the seat next to you. And then, the exact moment the clock was turning to 3:30, the last student came in.

"Good afternoon, my fellow classmates," the boy announced, smiling at the teacher, "Mrs. Hughes."

"Always a pleasure, Calum," she replied with a small smile on her face.

"Hello to you too, Michael... Luke... Ashton..." he grinned at each of them as well. He paused in front of your desk, causing you to look up at him. "Girl whose name I don't know," he greeted you. You rolled your eyes and sighed lightly, looking back down at your papers while he simply plopped down in the seat beside the boy behind you.

"We got that out of our system?" Mrs. Hughes asked Calum.

"Yes, ma'am," he nodded.

"Excellent," she stood up from her seat, "Seeing as there are a couple new faces in here, I'll go over the rules. There will be no talking, no texting, no sleeping, no eating, no drinking. You break any of these rules, I add another day of detention. Are we clear? Good."

You were all startled by a strange sound coming from whatever room was above the one you were in – a restroom, if you weren't mistaken – making all of you look up. The noise happened again, and it was apparently the final straw for the music teacher.

"You know what?" Mrs. Hughes huffed, "I am going to go give Bernstein a piece of my mind! If this administration cared half as much about the arts as they do sports..." Her voice trailed off as she stomped out of the room. You cocked an eyebrow at the door slamming shut before shrugging it off and getting back to your work.

"Guys," Michael stated, "This school sucks." You all looked at him for a moment – you simply remaining quiet while the other boys decided to start having a conversation.