Better Late Than Never (Trevor Collins)

i know i just posted something but tbh i don't really foresee this getting much attention since i don't write stuff for rooster teeth/achievement hunter (also it's not 5sos lol), so if you choose to read it, i hope you enjoy

i know this isn't what alycia requested, but the idea was too cute not to write

also a warning just in case: some swearing, 100% by michael lmao

~

It was a day like every other – the Let's Play crew was down two members and needed you for a couple videos they had to record that day. You happily agreed, and that's where you were now: taking a break from your own work to help with theirs.

"Y/N," Gavin said after everyone had synced their game capture and audio recordings, "What are we doing today?"

"I don't know – no one would tell me," you stated, making the group chuckle collectively.

"We're racing, Y/N!" you could hear his smile, "Rockstar added a bunch of new maps and so we're gonna play them!" You breathed a small sigh of relief – GTA V wasn't a game you were all that great at normally, but you were incredibly good at the races.

It wasn't until the last map you were playing that day before breaking for lunch that others started to pay attention to where you were constantly. You'd won every map so far and you were determined to make it a perfect game this time.

You didn't know how it happened, but even with everyone so set on you not winning, you managed to sneak your way into first place at the halfway point in the last lap. Unfortunately for you, however, someone noticed almost right away.

"Y/N... Where are you?" Jeremy asked. You saw him peek over to where you were sitting at Geoff's desk.

"I, uh... You know... Don't worry about it, Jeremy," you stated.

"Guys, I think Y/N's in first!" he told the group.

"When have I ever been in first?" you shook your head.

"Uh... Every single time we've raced with you ever?" Michael suggested.

"Oh, no!" Trevor shouted after looking at his map, "She is in first! She's gonna win!"

"Shut up, Trevor! This is why no one likes you!" you shot back.

"Ouch," he laughed, but you missed him look past Ryan from his seat at Jack's desk and smile at the smirk on your face.

"Come on!" Gavin squealed as the race was coming to an end.

He and Trevor had passed you at the last moment, but you still had one more trick up your sleeve. You activated the boost you'd picked up at the beginning of the second lap, sending yourself flying toward the two men fighting for first.

"Who won?!" Gavin shouted when the screen displaying his finishing place didn't come up right away, letting him – as well as everyone else – know there was too close of a tie to decide right away. You all waited for the other three people to finish the race, anxious to see which one of you came in first.

The moment Ryan crossed the finish line in an undoubtable sixth place – obviously because he'd been spending the whole time trying to screw everyone else over in classic Ryan fashion – your finishing place screens came up.

"What?!" Gavin and Trevor screeched, staring at their respective third and second place victories in shock.

"That's what I'm talking about, baby!" you smiled brightly, dropping your controller onto the desktop and throwing your arms into the air at your own first place victory, "I am unstoppable!"