Call Me Lucky (Ashton Irwin) - Part 3

idk why someone wanted this but. it's here. it's a thing now.

~

"Ashton!" you squeaked the moment he appeared on your computer screen, "You'll never guess what I found today!"

"What'd you find today, princess?" he chuckled softly.

"You're not even gonna try to guess?" you pouted.

"Okay, okay," he shook his head with a smile, "Let's see... Is it that shirt you're wearing right now?" You looked down to see that you were, in fact, wearing the exact shirt you were talking about.

"Damn it," you frowned, looking back up at him.

"You tweeted about it earlier too," he reminded you. You threw your head back with a light groan, completely forgetting that you'd posted a photo on Twitter of the 5SOS shirt the moment you saw it.

"It was at a thrift store, Ashton!" you exclaimed, "A thrift store! Like, can you believe someone didn't want this anymore?!"

"People aren't going to like our band forever, princess," he laughed, "We're lucky enough you've stuck around this long."

"Well, it's not like I could get away from it," you scoffed, making him laugh again.

"You could if you wanted to," he replied.

"But I don't, so," you shrugged.

"And I appreciate that very much, princess," he grinned.

It was then that you really took in his surroundings – the light was gradually fading out and something seemed to illuminate his face before disappearing and doing it all over again every couple seconds.

"Where are you?" you asked curiously, "You're really dark."

"On the way to our hotel," he told you, "The boys are sleeping so I've gotta be quiet, but I didn't want to miss our weekly Skype date."

"I would hardly call this a date, Ash," you rolled your eyes.

"Well, I'll try a little harder when I actually see you again," he mentioned.

"Yeah," you murmured, "Seeing you again would be nice."

"Come on, princess," he frowned, "You know I miss you. And the boys do too; They're just not awake to yell about it."

You cracked a smile at how every single time you and Ashton seemed to Skype, his bandmates would show up out of nowhere and excitedly tell you how they couldn't wait to see you again. Ashton grinned slightly upon seeing your smile, prompting him to go on.

"I'll be back before you know it, princess," he assured you. You barely nodded as he went on. "You should get some rest," he said, "You look tired."

"But we just started Skyping!" you whined. Ashton chuckled again but didn't say anything as you heard someone else speak.

"We're here, Ash," a man said. Ashton looked up and smiled before looking back at you.

"I've gotta go anyway, princess," he told you, "I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay, Ash," you mumbled with a small nod just in case he didn't hear it. He blew you a kiss before disappearing from your screen, making your heart race.

You and Ashton hadn't had your first kiss yet, surprisingly enough. It always seemed like right as you were starting to lean in, something would interrupt you. There was no doubt in your mind that you were ready to kiss him, but maybe the universe was trying to tell you it was too soon.