Pity Date (Luke Hemmings)

blurb 2/2 i wrote for a college!5sos blurb night (even tho this one turned out to be a bit longer than a blurb whoops) on tumblr so i decided to post them here too bc who doesnt love frat boy 5sos

~

"Hi," a cute blonde said shyly as he approached you, plopping down onto the couch next to you. You shifted away from him slightly, cocking an eyebrow at him.

"You're not drunk, are you?" you asked cautiously.

"No..." he trailed off, "Do you need me to be? Because I'll go down a bottle of Jack right now if you want." You relaxed, giggling softly as you returned to your previous position.

"As impressive as that would be, I would rather you didn't," you told him. He smiled at you, leaning back against the cushion.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Y/N."

"I'm Luke," he smiled again, "What brings you here? I don't remember ever seeing you before."

"I was invited," you murmured, leaning back as well.

"By who?"

You nodded toward the staircase where the boy who had originally asked you to come to the party with him was making out with another girl. Luke furrowed his eyebrows and turned back to you.

"Jared invited you? And he just ditched you?" You shrugged and he went on, "Why'd he do that?"

You laughed bitterly, "Apparently, refusing to suck his dick was a real deal-breaker for him." Luke sighed and rubbed his temple as if this has happened before – although it wouldn't surprise you if it had.

"If he bailed on you, why are you still here?" he asked.

"I wouldn't be if I knew how to get home," you sighed, "And my roommate doesn't get off work until 4, so he wouldn't be able to come if I called anyway."

"Well, I'd be happy to take you home," Luke said, "Being left alone at a frat party is no fun." The corner of your mouth twitched slightly.

"Do I look alone to you?" you asked simply. The blonde couldn't help the red tint on his cheeks, but you didn't even notice. "I suppose I'm still here because I'm waiting for someone interesting to talk to," you said.

"Oh, really?" he chuckled, happy you didn't see his blush, "You find anyone yet?"

"Depends on how long you're going to stay with me," you grinned slightly, looking back at him.

"Be careful what you wish for," he winking teasingly, making you laugh.

~

It had been about two hours since you met Luke and started talking to him. You learned quite a bit about the blonde boy – and even came to find out he was in your philosophy class, he just sat all the way in the back so you never noticed – and you found yourself really enjoying his company.

But your moment was cut short when the guy who ditched you came stumbling over.

"Hey, princess," Jared slurred, obviously drunk, making you scrunch up your face in disgust, "You gonna-"

"Still not sucking your dick," you said monotonously, not even looking at him. Luke snorted softly, obviously trying not to smile.

"What the hell is so funny, man?" he asked, shoving Luke's arm roughly. You went to speak, but the blonde put his hand on your knee, making you look at him. He smiled at you and shook his head before turning to his friend.