In My Head (Luke Hemmings) - Part 2 *

Trigger warning: Self-harm

~

Two days later

Gathering the information he'd heard from your thoughts while you were reading the things around the hospital room throughout the last couple days, he caught a break when you read your patient chart to yourself. You had completely thought that Luke was asleep, but he wasn't. In fact, he was just waking up.

When he realized you'd read the hospital name to yourself, Luke made extra sure not to think about the things he was reading when he Googled the name on his phone. He had the exact address in a matter of minutes and he knew that what he was about to do would be considered crazy, but he did it anyway.

He bought a ticket for the first flight out of Sydney.

~

28 hours later, Luke was getting off of his plane in your state. He couldn't believe he was actually doing this, but there was really no turning back now. He was careful not to think about his plans for the night – since it was nearly 11pm by the time he arrived. He knew it would take at least an hour to get to the hospital you were in, so he quickly went to baggage claim to wait for his bag. The moment he saw it, he grabbed it off the conveyor belt and he was rushing to catch a bus out of the airport.

~

You know what we've never discussed?, Luke asked you randomly that night in the midst of your conversation. It was 11:51pm, but this obviously wasn't out of the ordinary with him being 14 hours ahead of you.

Childhood stories?, you smirked, Favorite movies? Our stances on whether or not ghosts are real?

All true and things we will be touching on in the near future, Luke chuckled, However, not what I had in mind.

Then what would you like to discuss?, you giggled.

I want to know what you look like, he stated, I mean, we're bound to be meeting one day, and I'd like to know what I'm looking for. You simply grinned, describing yourself for him.

While you were doing that, you had no idea that Luke was only four floors down, just now entering the hospital. He was listening to you, but he was also asking the receptionist at the front desk where your room was. She told him and he started making the trek to the elevator to get to you. With his hands shoved into his pockets and his face stoic to anyone who looked at him as he spoke to you in his head, he rode the elevator up.

When you were finished describing yourself, you asked him to do the same.

Blue eyes, he started as he looked at every room number, realizing he was getting closer, Blonde hair that looks incredibly under-styled today. He grinned when he heard you laugh at the comment. Lip ring on the left side of my mouth, he went on, I live in skinny jeans and Converse. Decided on a boring, old t-shirt and red flannel today.

Why are you telling me what you're wearing right now?, you chuckled to yourself.

"Thought you should know what you're looking for," Luke said out loud as he walked into your hospital room.

You visibly lost your breath as you stared at the boy in the doorway, smiling shyly at you. He was as attractive as his voice made him seem and you couldn't believe he was your soulmate.

"Luke?" you whispered, "You... What are you... When did you get here?"

"My flight landed an hour ago," he replied.

"How did you..."

"Heard you reading to yourself when I woke up yesterday."

"Why are you here...?"

"Wanted to make sure you were alright," he said quietly, "And I've been wanting to see you ever since I found out what soulmates were..."

You accidentally moved to push yourself to a sitting position with the arm covered in cuts and scars, making you whimper lightly. Luke rushed to your bedside, only to have your strong arm around his neck, pulling him down to you.

He leaned onto the bed, his own arms winding around your waist, hugging you tightly. You managed to lift your weak arm up, but you could only go as far as his collarbones, so you just had to settle with letting your hand rest on his chest.

Luke took the hand on his chest in his own, lifting it up to his mouth. The coolness of his lip ring and the warmness of his breath made your fingers twitch as he kissed your knuckles. When he let go of your waist, he moved back, but only enough so that he could look at your face.

Without warning, his lips were on yours. You didn't mind, of course, and eagerly kissed him back. His hands were on the bed beside your hips and your hand was on his cheek, your thumb stroking his cheekbone. Your weak arm was lying on your lap, too sore to be moved anymore. Luke took your hand again, carefully tangling your fingers together. His thumb was rubbing your skin and he felt you smile just before he pulled away.

"Sorry," he said shyly, "I couldn't stop myself." You simply smiled again, squeezing his hand gently. "How are you feeling?" he asked softly, glancing down at your scar-covered arm.

"Better now," you answered honestly.

You scooted over on the bed, pulling on Luke's hand as much as you could bear to coax him into lying down with you. You didn't need to ask him twice, so he carefully climbed up, allowing you to cuddle up to him. You laid your head on his chest, whining softly when you bumped your arm on the railing beside you.

"Are you okay, princess?" Luke asked quickly.

"I'm fine, Lu," you murmured, but you knew you were blushing at the nickname, "My arm just hurts."

You watched Luke take your elbow, slowly bringing your arm up to rest on his stomach so he didn't hurt you further. You were confused as to what he was doing until his hand moved to your upper arm where you hadn't made any cuts. He began barely running his fingers up and down your skin, making your body erupt in goose bumps. He felt the contented sigh you let out on his chest as you closed your eyes, finally beginning to feel sleepy. You felt him tilt his head down to look at you and when he noticed you were drifting off, he started singing to you under his breath.

And you couldn't believe you got to be the one to hear him sing for the rest of your life.