Next to Nothing (Michael Clifford)

oh wow danielle hates a title. shocking.

~

It wasn't supposed to end up like this.

Your best friend Luke had invited you over to spend some time with him since you hadn't seen each other in a couple weeks due to his busy schedule. You obviously told him you'd be right over – you'd never pass up an opportunity to catch Luke when he wasn't busy – and you were there in no time, but Luke seemed to miss out on giving you one little detail.

Michael – Luke's roommate – had never liked you. You didn't know what you did, but since the moment he met you, he couldn't seem to stand you.

Luke had told you Michael was a chill guy – loved Pokemon and video games almost as much as he loved music – and even he couldn't tell you why he didn't like you. He'd tried to ask Michael about it before, but he would only receive annoyed grunts or rolled eyes, so he eventually just stopped bothering him about it.

But apparently, on this night, Luke had finally had enough.

It started out pretty normal – you were ticked off that Luke hadn't told you Michael would be there, but you all sat around the living room watching TV together nonetheless. The boys only had one couch, and it didn't help the fact that you were already annoyed with him when Luke took the opposite end as Michael, forcing you to sit in the middle. You and Michael both grumbled lowly but you sat down anyway, making sure not to touch the blonde at all.

Unfortunately, however, you weren't aware of Luke's real intentions of inviting you over until it was too late.

The credits for the show on the television had just started rolling and Luke got up, stating that he wanted another drink. As he was coming back, neither you nor Michael had time to react before you felt something cold on your wrists and clicking noises. Your heads snapped down to find Luke leaning over the back of the couch and securing a set of handcuffs on both of you.

"Lucas!" you and Michael shouted simultaneously as he continued, "What the fuck, man?!"

"I'm sick and tired of listening to you two bitch and moan every time you're in the same room as each other," Luke stated, "So I'm gonna go out for a while, and you guys are gonna fix your shit before I get back."

Before you could say anything else, Luke was closing the apartment door behind him, leaving you and Michael sitting side-by-side with your arms pressed together.

Five minutes passed before either of you said anything, and – of course – it was Michael who threw the first blow. It was nothing you hadn't heard before with him – he always knew exactly what to say to get under your skin – and you had learned very quickly how to keep it from showing.

But he just wouldn't stop.

He went on and on for the entire 25 minutes Luke was gone, only stopping when he heard the front door open once again.

"Y/N! Michael!" Luke called out, "I'm back! Are we all good now?!"

"Take them off," you demanded the moment he stepped into the room, not even bothering to greet him as you stood up and spun around, your arm now crossed in front of you since Michael was still sitting.

"Did you guys settle everything?" Luke asked hopefully.

"Take them off, Luke," you muttered, your voice dangerously low.

"Not until you answer me," he challenged, "Did you guys-"

"No, we didn't, Lucas!" you shouted, causing both boys' eyes to widen, "We didn't settle anything and we never will, so you can either uncuff me from this asshole right now or you can give me the fucking key and let me do it!"