Destined to Explode (Alex Gaskarth) - Part 7

my best friend in the entire world briana's birthday is tomorrow and since this series exists because of her, i decided to finish this part to post today!

~

Day of Final 4 Eliminations; Noon

As Briana was walking toward the main stage, she could hear Danielle and 5 Seconds of Summer rehearsing for their own performance for that night. The song had just ended and they were talking to each other through the microphones, so they could still be heard outside of the room.

"I don't know, guys," Calum said, "I really like how it sounds, but it's just not..." he trailed off.

"It's not hitting me as hard as it did when we wrote it," Luke chimed in.

"Exactly!" he sighed, happy someone understood what he was trying to say, "If it's not hitting us, it's not gonna hit anyone else."

"Maybe it's because we've been singing it nonstop all morning," Danielle yawned from having to wake up at 6:30 for rehearsals.

"What if you guys sing the verses and Danielle sings the choruses," Briana spoke up, finally making her presence known. The group looked at the girl walking onto the stage. "I'm just here to tell Danielle it's time for lunch," she shrugged when no one said anything as she stopped in front of them, "But it makes sense, you know? You guys are basically telling this girl's story in the verses and if Danielle came in on the choruses, it would be like she's the girl you're telling it about."

"That actually makes a lot of sense," Ashton piped up from behind his drums, "Let's run it like that and see if we like it." Everyone else agreed and Briana hopped off the stage, sitting herself in Alex's chair.

Danielle and the band ran through the song – Briana couldn't help but chuckle when she got choked up at the bridge – and the moment it ended, everyone looked at each other, knowing they just decided how they were going to perform it on the show.

"Danielle!" Briana giggled as they put their instruments and microphones back on their stands – while Ashton simply walked around his drum kit. She got up from the chair and the group gathered in the center of the stage. "You almost made it through!" she teased her best friend, nudging her arm slightly.

"I was already doomed to fail," she sighed, "I never make it through the bridge."

"It's true," Michael laughed, "She's cried every single time we ran through the song."

"It's not funny!" she pouted, "And just to make you look stupid, I'm not gonna cry during the performance tonight."

"Sure, you won't," he scoffed.

"I won't!" she stated defensively.

"Okay," he nodded, clearly still not believing her, "If you can make it through the song tonight without shedding a single tear, I will take you out for ice cream after the show."

"Looks like I'll be getting free ice cream tonight," Danielle looked at Briana with a cocky grin, holding her hand up. The two girls high-fived, making Michael roll his eyes and the other boys simply smile and shake their heads.

~

Two hours later

Rehearsing with The Script honestly felt like a dream to Briana. She'd always wanted to be in this position – singing one of her favorite songs with the band who performs it – but she never thought she'd actually get the chance. And to have the band members compliment her and say they loved how she was delivering their song? Well, let's just say, she could die a truly happy woman then.