One in Seven Billion (Ashton Irwin) - Part 2

a lot of people wanted this for some reason???????

~

Ashton's POV

"So you don't think she's..." Calum trailed off, making Ashton sigh as they both got to walking again.

"I don't know," he answered, "Surely she would have said something if I was hers..."

"Or maybe she's worried about how the fans would react," he suggested.

"But she could be soulmate – not any of them."

"Put yourself in her shoes, Ash," Calum instructed, "You've seen what some of them have said to people you were just hanging out with. Maybe their judgment wouldn't be as tame if they knew they weren't your soulmate."

"Then how am I supposed to find her again?" Ashton sighed, "She just said Luke and Mikey would probably never meet her. Surely that means I'll never see her again."

"Not unless you go after her now."

"Cal, I can't just chase after her! What if she thinks I'm desperate?!"

"To be fair, mate, you kind of are," Calum shrugged, "But it's either that, or hope you run into her again someday."

Ashton stopped walking for a moment, really thinking about everything Calum had said. He knew the chances of ever seeing you again were slim – if he had any other chances at all – so he had to do it; He had to go after you. He immediately jogged in the direction you had gone, missing Calum's smile but hearing it as the bassist called after him.

"Don't forget soundcheck at 4!" he reminded him before heading off to explore the rest of the city alone.

Ashton had no idea whether or not he was actually going to be able to find you, but he knew he had to try. The chances of him actually having found his soulmate were as high as they'd ever been as far as he was concerned.

He'd heard your name so many times after meeting fans, but he'd never felt this way before. He didn't quite understand it, but something in his gut told him that you were the one. Hearing you say your name made his stomach do flips and his heart flutter in ways he couldn't describe; And that convinced him that you were it for him.

But if you were and you knew, why did you just leave?

Ashton had been so lost in thought that he didn't even realize he was about to run into someone. The moment he did, he grabbed the girl's waist so she didn't fall to the ground, feeling her grab onto his arms in return.

"I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed, "I wasn't watching whe-" He stopped when he realized the girl in his arms was you, his eyes widening.

"Hi, Ashton," you cleared your throat nervously, "Kinda wish we met like this the first time, to be honest."

"S-Sorry," he stuttered, quickly releasing you, "I was- I wasn't watching where I was going."

"I can see that," you giggled, bending down to pick up the coffee cup you'd dropped when he ran into you.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry!" he shook his head, apologizing for a third time, "What did you have? I'll buy you another one!"

"Ashton, it's fine," you shrugged, slipping the sleeve off so you could keep his and Calum's autographs, "It was almost gone anyway."

"But I-"

"Ashton!" you laughed, placing your hand on his arm again, "Trust me: it's fine." Ashton's breathing hitched when you touched him, but you didn't seem to notice. "What are you doing anyway?" you asked, "I thought you and Calum were going the other way."