My First Kiss

CLARY

"You do know that it is boring to drink alone dont you?" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around, drink in hand, and saw Jace coming closer to me. My lips curled into a small smile.

He sat down next to me and ordered himself a drink. "So," he began. "What's your excuse?" He tilted his head at me in wonder. I turned my head to face him.

"What's that supposed to mean? Can a girl not get a drink?" I asked with a small chuckle. He relaxed into his seat a little more before replying. "Well, you can, but most people have a reason." He took another drink. "What's yours?"

I sighed and showed him my tired eyes. "Pure exhaustion." I replied. He gave a small laugh. I poured a small amount of the liquid down my throat. "What about you?" I asked him.

"That's funny." He started. "You assume I would tell you." He smiled and i chuckled again. "It is only fair. Besides how bad could it be?" I asked him. He tilted his head back and forth processing what I had asked him. After a defeated sigh his eyes met mine once again.

"Izzy thought it would be a good idea to sneak into my room while I was asleep." He started. Immediately i started to laugh and he looked at me. "What?" He asked obviously amused. "Keep going." I said while still laughing.

"Lets just say I wondered why the demons all ran away earlier today." He said with another chuckle. I was dying of laughter and almost dropped the drink I was holding.

"How much did she put on you?" I asked him with a smile. "Oh it was the real deal." He exclaimed. "She did everything." I went into another fit of laughter. "Ho–how did yo–u manage to s–sleep through it?" I said unable to breathe.

"I dont even know. She even managed to put eye liner on. I mean, who does that?" He asked me. "Obviously Isabelle." I replied to him. He rolled his eyes, but his smile said he was still enjoying the moment.

When everything settled down he spoke again. "What's your embarrassing moment?" He asked me. My face went red almost immediately.

"It cant be that bad." He said to me. "Besides, it's only fair." Another smile played at his lips. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I was dating this guy...."

"Oh this should be good." He said with another drink. I shot him a quick, playful glare and continued. "Let's just say the last time a guy kissed me, it turned out to be a Shax Demon trying to eat my face off." He dove straight into a fit of laughter.

"I take it back...." he started and laughed again. "It can be that bad." I punched him lightly in the shoulder. "You're so mean." I told him with a smile.

He rose his glass up. "Well, here's to hoping you will have a better experience the next time around." His glass collided with mine and we drank.

I chuckled again at him. "What next time?" I asked jokingly. His expression changed to serious, but a smile was still on his lips. Without warning he brushed his lips against mine. The feeling was sweet and gentle. I closed my eyes and let the warmth of love wash over me.

When we pulled apart, I sighed in happiness and opened my eyes again. "Well that was definitely better than a Shax Demon trying to rip my face to shreds." I said with a small laugh. He smiled and kissed me again.

"I would hope so." He murmured. I smiled against his lips.