In Love and Music

This story will be about a world where no one hears music or sees color until they fall in love.
JACE

I had seen color once. In fact, now that I think about it, I have heard music too. I remember the day I lost it. It was the day of my rune ceremony.

No one told me it was going to happen. All I know is that it did, and I cant go back and change it. It was a distant memory to me. Overtime you lose the memory of color and music. Everything is just black and white now.

But I had heard the stories. The stories of  people getting their ability to see and hear these things again. For the longest time I thought they were myths.... Oh how wrong I was.

**********************************************************************************************************

"Jace come on." I heard my name being called. I grabbed my last weapon and headed towards the door where Alec and Izzy were. Alec didnt see me sneak by him and walk down the stairs. "Alec aren't you coming?" I asked him in a mocking tone. He just rolled his eyes and I laughed. Not that anyone would hear it. I guess it was considered music because of the love hidden beneath it.

I brushed the thought away and the three of us ran. It was just like any other mission. Save all mundanes at all cost. The job gets quite annoying. Apparently this time there was a group of vampires who kidnapped a girl.

It didnt take long for us to get to the group. They weren't very hard to find. It took two seconds to take them down with our Seraph Blades.

I was closest to the trembling girl, so I walked over to try and help her. I knelt down in front of her and looked up into her eyes.

I held my gaze for a second and I got a sharp pain in my head. I stumbled to the ground while grabbing my head with my hands fiercely. I could hear my name being called by Alec and Izzy, but it sounded far away.

I began to lose consciousness. The pain was unbearable. It felt like my head would explode at any moment. I closed my eyes, but there was one thing I heard before I slipped away. The sound of music.

I groggily opened my eyes and looked around the room. The excruciating pain from my head was gone, but I still had a headache. "Jace?" I heard my name being whispered by Izzy. I turned my head to face her and she let out a breath of relief. "Are you alright?" Alec asked me with worry in his voice. He had to of felt what I was going through.

"Yeah." I said to them. I rubbed my eyes with my hand. "Is he ok?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask. My eyes opened once again and they went straight to the door. I saw the girl that we saved standing there looking at me. My eyes met hers and once again a sharp pain went to my head.

"Whatever's happening seems to do with you! Get her out of here!" I heard Alec yell at the girl. "Alec no. Have he...r...stay." I groaned at him. I felt Alec touch my rune before and he grabbed his head with his other hand. "Gosh Jace what's wrong with you?" He asked with a small, painful laugh.

Suddenly I just yelled in pain. The sound of his laugh... I had heard it. No one was supposed to hear laughter.

I felt another hand on mine and I tried opening my eyes. With my quick glance I saw it was the strange girl. I opened my eyes wider and stared into her eyes. It only lasted a few seconds before I shut my eyes again and threw my head back while screamed in pain. The pain had reached its worst.

After a couple seconds more of the torture, it finally just stopped. I was panting and gasping for air. I opened my eyes again and blinked a few times. First I looked at Alec. He was on his knees and holding his head. Next I looked to Izzy who was helping him with a worried expression. Finally my eyes made it to the girl.

Her eyes were a sharp crystal blue. It looked like she could see right through me. My eyes trailed up to her hair and I gasped. It was like fire. Beautiful yet destructive. My heart melted from the sight.

"Jace?" I heard Izzy ask me. I didnt look away from the strange girl. I suddenly smiled. "Jace?" Izzy asked again. "I....I can see." I told her. She gave a small laugh not knowing what I meant. My head snapped to her. My sister's laugh was so... beautiful. Unique. It was like nothing I had ever heard before. (Not that I had heard anything before) "What?" She asked me while looking at me.

"You're laugh." I replied and her face went white. "You....you heard it?" She asked me. I saw tears form in her eyes. Immediately she smiled, finally understanding the situation. "Jace this is Clary." She looked at Clary and so did I. "I guess she's going to be sticking around for a while." She said to us with another chuckle.

For the first time in my life I was speechless. Color, that once began with Clary, slowly made its way around the room I was in. It was beautiful. Different shades of every color you could possibly think of were there.

For once my life didnt seem... colorless.