What Even is This?

ALEC

I rolled my eyes at the red head who came bouncing towards me. "Alec! Alec!ALEC!" She shrieked at me excitedly. I sighed at her. "What do you want?" I asked her. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me up and out of my chair. I stumbled up and glared at her. "What?" I asked her completely annoyed.

"Alec. You and I both know you need a new phone. I mean it's slower than anything Ive ever seen! And Jace wont go with me so you're coming with me to get my upgrade and you a new phone I cant wait lets go we need to go right now you're amazing I cant believe your going with me...."

"CLARY!" I yelled at her and she shut herself up but kept her smile. "Where do you want to go?" I asked her. Her being hyper could sometimes be contagious and I felt a smile growing on my lips. "To get you and me a new phone." She replied and grabbed my wrist again. I laughed and followed her.

I took out my phone and texted Magnus. "Save me! Clary is taking me to get a new phone against my will!" I sent to him. I waited a few seconds and finally felt my phone buzz. "Sorry darling, but your phone is way to old! Its about time you got another one!" I read the text. I grimaced in slight anger.

By this time we had reached a store called Apple. "Clary?" I asked while looking at the sign. She turned her attention to me. "Yeah?" She replied waiting for me to continue. "Apple?" I questioned and she laughed. "Its the brand name." She said while dragging me inside the store. "But why Apple?" I asked her. "Not important." She snapped at me with another smile. "Go pick out a phone while I get mine." She said while going to the front. I sighed and looked at the rows of phones. With another sigh I walked over to them.

I stood in front of the phone for what felt like forever. I had no clue what I was doing. I had taken so long that Clary was already done getting her phone. "Find one?" She asked me. "What am I supposed to do?" I asked her while staring at the phone. "Give a guess Alec." She said and I could tell she was trying to hold in a laugh. I smiled and looked at her. "I wanna press the button." I told her. She nodded and I pointed my finger at the phone.

With extreme slowness I pressed the tip of my finger to the circular button on the bottom of the phone. It made a small clicking sound and I waited for something to happen. Nothing did. "What did I do wrong?" I asked angrily. Clary was laughing her head off at me. I pressed the button again and nothing happened.

Clary walked up and held the side button and like magic the phone came on. "Come on." I said annoyed. She laughed again and I pressed the button again. The screen lit up and a bunch of small things popped up on the screen. "Now what?" I asked her. "Pick one." She replied with another chuckle. I picked the one with a small video camera on it. "Ill call Magnus." I replied with a smile. I typed in the number and pressed call. I put the phone up to my ear.

"Alec?" I heard a familiar voice on the other side. "Hey Magnus!" I replied into the phone. I heard a laugh form the other side of the phone. "What?" I asked.

"Al...Alec...yo...you're...using...using....FaceT...ime!" He laughed into the phone. "I'm using what?" I asked him confused. Clary was dying behind me. Apparently she knew I was making a mistake. "Pull the phone away from your ear." Magnus told me. I nodded and pulled the phone away and saw Magnus. I looked straight into his eyes. "Alec you are looking down." He said to me. "I'm looking right at you." I replied.

"Look at the camera. Its the circle." He said. I looked down farther at the button I pressed. "Wrong way Alec." He told me with another laugh. My eyes slowly moved up and I saw the smaller dot right in the middle of the phone. "To the left Alec." He said with another chuckle. I turned my head to the right. "Your other left Alec!" He said. By then he was rolling on the ground laughing.

"I hate technology. What even is this??!?!?!?!?!?!" I asked into the phone. "Welcome to the world Alec." Magnus before returning to his laughing. I rolled my eyes and turned to look at Clary. "You!" I said while pointing in her direction. She put her hands up defensively while still laughing. "You suck Clary. This is why I don't do things with you." I told her while we walked out of the store. But even after all of that I couldn't keep the smile off of my face.