Sick

JACE

I was walking around looking for Clary. It had been hours and she still hasn't come down for training. I was beginning to worry. I walked up the stairs to see if she was in her room. I turned the corner, walked to her door, and knocked. There was no reply. "Clary?" I called through the door. Nothing. I twisted the handle and surprisingly it was unlocked. I walked through.

The room was pitch black. It felt stuffy, but cold in the room. "Clary?" I asked into the darkness. I heard some rustling from the bed, so I walked over in that direction. When my eyes adjusted to the dark and I had made it to her bed, I finally saw her. 

I smiled. "Clary. You cant keep oversleeping." I said while sitting down by her side. I pressed my hand to her shoulder and gently shook her. She grimaced at me and stirred in her sleep. "If you dont get up Alec is gonna be mad." I told her. I got up and walked over to the blinds. I pulled them open and let the light shine through. "No." Clary said. I turned around in shock. Her voice sounded heavy and scratchy. I was in even more shock when I saw her face. It was pale and had a sheet of sweat. "Clo...close the.. bl...blind...s" She stuttered. Her fragile figure was shivering in the bed. I hadn't noticed before.

I immediately closed the blinds and rushed to her side. "What happened to you?" I asked her. She did her best to shrug her shoulder, but to me it looked like she was just moving a centimeter to try and get comfortable. I watched her close her eyes, but I shook her awake again.

"Clary. Whats wrong?" I asked her with worry in my voice. She coughed in response and it finally clicked in my mind. She was sick. "Oh Clary." I said to her while stroking her hair with the back of my hand. "I thought a demon might have attacked you or something." I chuckled at her. Her lips curled up slightly, but went back down immediately. I kissed the side of her head. "Ill be right back ok?" I whispered to her. She grimaced in response and I left to go downstairs.

When I returned, I had a cup of soup, a glass of water, a gallon of Ice Cream, and spoons. I walked back over to her bed and she was sitting up waiting for me. "Glad to see you're up." I said to her while setting everything on the table. "Yeah. I feel like absolute crap still though." She said to me. I smiled as she looked at everything I had brought. "You didnt have to do that." She said to me and I held my hand up to silence her. "Nope. I was happy to and you do not get to complain about me helping you." I told her. She smiled again. "Ok." She replied with a small yawn. I smiled back at her and handed the soup to her shaking hands.

"Are you hot or cold?" I asked her. "Both." She replied after a sip of the soup. I chuckled. "You're not going to make this easy are you?" I asked her. She shook her head. "You still have time to get out." She said to me. "Nonsense. Now pick out the movie." I told her.

"What movie?" She asked me. I crawled into the bed next to her. "The movie you and I are going to watch together." I answered. Her lips curled upwards again and she pointed to the one she wanted to watch.

As the movie begun, Clary snuggled into me. She had already finished the soup and half of the water, so next I grabbed the ice cream. We dug in, but after the second bite I took I heard slow, heavy breaths from Clary. I knew she had fallen asleep again.

I set the ice cream aside and snuggled closer to her. I wrapped my arm around her and she nuzzled her neck into my chest. "Thank you." She whispered sleepily. I kissed her forehead. "Anything for you."