Souls Connected {1}

WARNING: spoilers ahead... if you haven't seen 2x20 read at your own risk.

JACE

Clary and I were racing to get to the lake before Valentine. If he got there before us, the entire Downworld would die. We ran with all the strength we had left. It felt like we were running for hours, but it was merely minutes.

Finally I began to see pieces of the shimmering lake. We pushed harder to get there. With each painful step we took, we got closer.

Once we had reached the lake, we searched frantically for Valentine. After a few moments of searching I turned to Clary. "We beat him here. We can still stop him." I said to her. She smiled in relief.

Instantly there was a sharp pain in my chest. "I'm sorry son." Valentine said to me. I started to choke on my own blood. The pain increased dramatically. I could feel the metal from the knife touch my bones. I wanted to scream in pain, but I couldn't find my voice.

He ripped the blade out of my chest and gently laid me down on the ground. He backed away from me quickly. I heard a small cry come from Clary and she ran to my side. My vision was focusing in and out. I could feel Clary's tears hit my face. I tried to breath, but my lungs felt like they were on fire.

"No. Jace. No. No" Clary kept saying over and over again. I looked at her sadly. "I...I'm so–sorry." I managed to get out. I coughed while my blood was choking me. I felt like I was being strangled from the inside. "It's ok. Don't speak. Save your breath." She cried out to me trying her best to hold herself together. I knew it was the end for me though.

"I love you." I said to her. Tears started to come out of my eyes. I blinked a couple times. Everything was becoming blurry. Blood ran out of my mouth and poured out of my wound. All I could breath was blood. I felt like I was slipping away.

"Jace keep your eyes open." Clary begged me. "Keep your eyes open!" She cried. I couldnt help myself. My eyelids slowly closed and I was surrounded by darkness. "JACE!"

My name was the last thing that I had heard. But it wasn't Clary who screamed my name. It was my brother. My parabatai. 'I'm so sorry Alec.' I thought. I didnt want to leave him in this pain. But my mind slipped away and I was engulfed in the darkness for eternity.

So sorry this was short.... tomorrows will be longer! I cried when I watched this happen!!😭 anyone else??