The Vow {3}

Hi lovelies! Thank you for the votes and comments! As always please leave requests cause I'm gonna run out of ideas soon!😂 Thanks Loves! Btw how was Mondays episode?? I think I cried three separate times!😭

JACE

"Why doesn't she remember me? I thought you said she would have a full recovery!" I yelled at the doctor in the other room. The doctor put his hands up in defense, or he was just trying to calm me down. It wasn't working. "She suffered a head injury. It's normal for her to have some memory loss." He replied. "Some memory loss! She cant remember who I am! She's all I have. Please.... please just tell me will she remember who I am?" I begged him. He shook his head slightly. "I can't promise anything."

He walked away from me and I slid down to the floor with my hands on my head. I felt the tears rolling down my face. I wanted to go back in time. I wanted to tell her that I didnt want to drive. I wanted her to keep her seat belt on. I wanted to go a completely different route from where we were going. I wanted her to remember me.

"Jace." I heard someone say to me. I refused to look up. I knew it was Izzy who was talking to me but I just couldn't hear anymore on Clary. I could hear Izzy's high heels clicking on the floor as she approached me. I felt her slide down so she was sitting next to me.

"Come on. You need to go home. You were injured to. There's nothing more you can do for her here." She said to me. I looked up at her. "She has to remember me. I wont leave her." I said. She placed her hand on my shoulder. "Jace. I promise you.... you are not leaving her. You can come back in the morning to see her, but for now, you need to go home and get some rest."

I shook my head yes and we both got up off the floor. We were just about to pass Clary's room when I stopped. Izzy stopped too. "Can I just say goodbye to her?" I asked her. She smiled. "You never have to ask me that." She said. I gave her a small smile and walked into the room.

I walked up to Clary. She was fully awake now. "Umm..." I started. "I'm gonna go tonight and come back in the morning to see you. Are you okay with that or would you prefer me to stay?" I asked her. It was weird for me. She shook her head slightly. "I'm fine." She said. "Um.. thanks though." I could tell this was strange for her. "Ok." I said after a few moments of silence. I began to walk out of the room when Alec grabbed my arm. "Hey." He started. "Ill keep an eye on her. I'll call you if anything changes." He gave me a small smile. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Thank you." I said quietly. He nodded and I walked out of the room back to Izzy.

**********************************************************************************************************

"What am I supposed to do Izzy? She doesn't know who I am. I cant just abandon her, but I can't stick around. All she would think is a stranger stalking her." I said while climbing on top of my bed. She hopped onto the bed with me and just stared at me with loving eyes. I shook my head at her.

"It'll all work out Jace. I promise." She said. "You cant promise me that, Izzy! You dont know if she'll ever come back to me!" I screamed at her. I could tell she jumped back slightly from my sudden tone with her. Tears started to roll down my face. "I'm sorry." I said quietly. "I'm not mad at you."

She inched closer to me and wrapped her arms around me. "Get some sleep Jace. Forget everything for a few hours. It'll help." She said to me. She pulled away and started to walk away but I called her name. She turned to look at me. "When I was unconscious all I thought about was when I first met Clary at the airport. No matter what I do I cant get her out of my head." I told her. She smiled at me. "Remember those moments. It's the love that makes you stronger, Jace. Don't let go of it." She said before turning and walking out of the room. "Ill be in the living room." She said over her shoulder. I smiled and drifted off to sleep.

"Ok. That had to be the best seafood restaurant I have ever been to." Clary said excitedly to me. I nodded my head in agreement. "Well I guess that's why they named it number 1 in the country." I said while laughing. "Good point." She said with a smile.

We got into the car and started to drive. We were laughing and joking around. The sun shined so brightly. It was beautiful. It had to be about 80º outside. I pulled to a stop and we sat there just staring at each other. "I love you." I said after a few moments. I closed my eyes and leaned in to kiss her. I was relieved hen she kissed me back. We parted away slowly and I opened my eyes.

Suddenly all around me was snow. It felt like it was in the negatives. Our car was flipped over on the street. The windows were shattered. Half of Clary's body was outside of the window. I was in so much confusion. I watched as she lifter her head. Blood was dripping from the sides of her head. "You did this to me." She said in complete disgust. "You made me broken. You killed every memory I had. You did this to me. Its all of your fault!" She scream at me.

I woke up in a cold sweat.... and to Izzy shaking me as hard as she could. "Jace... Jace its ok. It was just a dream." She said to me. I was breathing hard, but I started to calm down. Suddenly my phone rang. I picked it up quickly when I realized it was Alec. His message only said two words. Come quick. I jumped out of bed, got dressed, and headed out with Izzy. My phone rang once more and I checked it again. Quickly*. Is all it said. "Not important Alec!" I muttered.

We ran to the car and drove as fast as we could to the hospital. I practically ran to the room Clary and Alec were in. "Alec?" I questioned when we both got to the room. He smiled at me. "Listen." He said while turning to Clary. "Tell him what you told me." He said with a huge grin. I looked at her with so much hope.

"Wayland?" She said as a question. I gasped out of shock and relief. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "You remember?" I asked her. She smiled at me. "Little bits." She said to me. "But I still need some time to remember enough." She said cautiously. "As long as you're coming back.... take as much time as you need." I said with a smile. "Come here." She said quietly. I did as she asked with no questions. She slowly but suddenly took my hand and put it in hers. She inhaled deeply as I waited for what she was doing. "Lunch?Airport? Possibly wine?" She said with question.

I smiled at her and nodded. "Where we first met." I said. She sighed in relief. "I kept having these memories of an airport with someone. I'm guessing that was you?" She asked me. "Yeah." I told her. We smiled at each other.

We took it one day at a time. Each day her memories grew stronger and each day we fell more and more in love. Because love makes you stronger.... it is not your weakness.