When Darkness Replaced Light {1}

Hi lovelies! Hope you all are enjoying your day today! I've been reading a ton of Malec fanfics 'cause it's hit me so hard that they are gone!😭 it makes me so sad! I still have hope for them though! MALEC MUST LIVE ON! Anywho, hope you guys enjoy this fanfic! Thanks loves!💕💕 (sorry it took so long to update!)

ALEC

I watched as the love of my life turned around and started to walk away from me. I knew if I didnt act now I would lose him forever. "Magnus." I said after a shaky breath. He continued to walk away acting like he didnt hear me. "Magnus!" I said again while taking a few steps forward. He didnt even stop. I noticed he walked faster.

I picked up my pace and reached him in five steps. I grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry." I said quickly. He stopped walking and turned towards me. I dropped my hand from his arm back to my side. "I'm sorry." I said again. "I should have told you about the Soul Sword. I made a mistake... a huge mistake. But you and me..." I started and took another deep breath. "We always seem to come back to each other."

I stared at him. His eyes were full of hurt and sadness. "Magnus, I love you." I said to him. I meant every word of it. I heard him sigh and give a small sad smile. He reached his hand up and placed it on the side of my face. "I love you too." He replied. I internally sighed with relief, but something was off.

His hand slid off of my face and he took a step away from me. "But as a leader..." he began and my heart sank. "There are difficult decisions that I have to make. The decisions that I have to make for the survival of my people. The only thing that is holding me back from doing that..... is you." He finished. I shook my head at him. "Magnus... no." I whispered. "I can't have both." He said to me stepping away from me again.

"No. Magnus, yes you can." I said while stepping closer to him. He shook his head at me. "No Alec, I cant. Not with you. I cant." He said to me. "Magnus..." I began but tears clouded my eyes and there was a lump in my throat. "Goodbye Alexander." He said quickly while walking towards the elevator.

I watched as the elevator doors closed behind him. For a moment I felt nothing. Just emptiness. I felt like a part of me was missing. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I slid down onto the floor.

I leaned my head into my knees. Luckily no one was in the hall watching me. I was supposed to be a leader and be strong. This was not an example of that. I could feel a sense of worry though through my parabatai bond and I knew Jace was worried about me. I got up off of the floor and went straight to my office.

Thankfully no one saw me as I made my way to my office. It would have been a nightmare with red the red streaks all over my face. I didn't want to have to explain to anyone what happened.

I made it safely into my office and closed the door. I grabbed my stele and put a silence rune on the door so no one could hear anything.

I had so much fear, anger, and sadness all locked up inside. More tears ran down my face. I was right next to my desk when I just snapped. I shoved every single thing on my desk and onto to the floor. It made a loud crashing sound. I was glad there was a silence rune on the door. I thought I was done, but I wasn't. I flipped my desk over and it crashed into the ground. Then I went to all the things on the tables and stands around the room and they crashed to the ground.

I was breathing heavily as I fell to the ground. I put my head in my hands and let the tears flow. There was so much glass and shattered pieces of table everywhere on the floor.

"Alec?" I heard someone whisper. I looked up in shock. I hadn't heard the door open. When I realized it was just Jace I let my head fall back where it was before. I heard Jace close the door and in an instant he was by my side.

"Alec? Alec what happened?" He asked me. I shook my head and more tears came. "He.... he hates me. He wants nothing to do with me." I replied in a shaky voice. I felt Jace put his hand on my shoulder. "Come on." He told me. I looked back up at him and he extended his hand to me. I took it and he pulled me up. He opened the door and looked to see if anyone was in the hallway. He nodded his head at me and I followed him out the door.

We made our way down the hall to my room. I opened up the door and we walked in quickly. I walked over and sat down on my bed. "You didnt tell him about the Soul Sword?" He guessed. I nodded my head slightly. "And he left you because of one mistake?" He asked me. I nodded again.

"That demon!" Jace said and I looked at him sharply. "Don't ever call him that." I said fiercely at him. "He left you Alec..." he started. "And he had every right to. It was my mistake. It was my choice not to tell him. He was just doing what he thought was right for his people." I told him slightly angered.

"Alec this isn't your fault. He didn't leave because of yo–" I cut him off again. "YES HE DID JACE!" I yelled at him. A tear ran down my face. "Yes he did." I whispered quietly.

I felt Jace come closer to me. I broke down once again. He wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shoulder. "W...why di....did it h...ha...have to be..m...me?" I stuttered into Jace's shoulder.

"I dont know Alec. I dont know." He whispered into my ear. I didnt know what to do with myself. My heart was overwhelmed with so many emotions.

I had cried myself to sleep that night. And even through the tears and deep sleep, Jace never left my side. I could feel his arms still around me as I dreamed of the one who left me.