In Need of a Miracle {6}

MAGNUS

I slowly walked towards the person who was calling my name. My head was throbbing. My vision was slightly blurry from just waking up. Thankfully the sun was going down so it wasn't very bright in the loft. I stumbled over to the door and tried to turn the handle.

"Magnus?" I heard the voice call to me again. I mumbled something while fumbling with the handle. I didnt really know why I couldnt function. "Who am I kidding. This is literally the worst hangover of my life. Of course I cant function." I said to myself.

After what felt like years, I finally got the door open. I rubbed my eyes groggily and looked around the room to see who was calling my name. I was frustrated when I saw no one. I sighed and walked over to the windows to pull the blinds over them. The faint light made me nauseous. I enjoyed the darkness for a few moments until I felt a small touch on my shoulder. I spun around and blue flames sparked from my hands then died. I was to weak to fight.

"Magnus?" The stranger asked again. The voice was familiar. It sounded like Alec's, but I knew it wasn't. He was gone. He was dead.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to sound intimidating, but it came out in a hoarse whisper due to all the crying I had done the day before. The stranger touched my hand and I took a step back away from him. I still couldnt make out who was standing before me. I noticed a light on in the kitchen and I slowly made my way there. I backed up one step at a time and the intruder followed me. "Who are you?" I asked again. This time it sounded slightly more fierce.

"It me. Its Alec." He replied. I stopped walking and laughed. "I dont know who you are, but you are not Alec. He's dead." I replied. "Now I'll ask you one more time. Who are you?" I asked him. He started walking faster to me and I used his force against him and pushed him into the light.

I gasped as I saw the familiar face. It felt so real. It felt like he was really here. I tired to push the thought out of my mind. He was a shapeshifter trying to manipulate me. Use me.

"Magnus? It's me. It is Alec. Yes I did die, but I came back." He said and I laughed again. "The dead cant come back." I replied. He reached out and touched my arm. It really was familiar. I could have almost believed it was Alec, but it wasn't. It couldnt have been. I backed away again.

I thought for a moment as I was creating distance from the person across from me. I chuckled angrily in realization. "You aren't a shapeshifter. You really are Alec." I said. Alec smiled and let out a sigh. "Yeah." He replied.

"A shapeshifter wouldn't have been able to get past my wards. They were made specifically for only you to pass through." I said. He smiled wider at me. "That's right." He said. I tapped his shoulder. "I must have had more than three bottles if I'm hallucinating. Same thing happened with Ragnor." I explained to him. I watched as his face fell.

I walked back over to my bedroom to find my phone. He followed me. I walked over to the nightstand and grabbed the device. With a few taps I called Catarina.

"Hello?" The voice on the phone said. "Catarina, I'm going to need some of that potion you made for me when Ragnor died. I'm uh....I'm having hallucinations again." I explained to her. "Hallucinations? Why?" She asked me. I would have thought she would know why, but I told her anyway. "Because of um... Alec." I sighed. "I woke up with a terrible hangover and he just appeared. And when he touched me it felt....it felt so real."

"Magnus."

"I know I'm hallucinating, just please, I need the potion." I said to her.

"Magnus."

"I really hate seeing him when I know he isn't there. It just reminds me of him dying right in front of me... I couldnt save him."

"MAGNUS!" She yelled into the phone. I jumped slightly but waited for her to continue. "You're not hallucinating. He came back. He is alive. He is at your apartment." She explained. I felt tears coming to my eyes. There was no need to question Catarina. She would never joke about something like this and she has never lied to me. I hung up the phone and turned around to face Alec. For the first time in my life I was speechless.

"Now do you believe me?" He asked with a small smile. I tried to speak, but I couldnt. I tried nodding instead, but I couldnt move an inch. My body felt like it was shutting down. I knew it was the alcohol. I knew what happened when I drank to much and this time.... I went way beyond my limit.

I tried to keep my eyes open and focus on Alec, but I was slipping away. Quickly I might add. I felt my eyelids close slowly. I lost feeling in my legs and started to fall. "Magnus!" I heard Alec yell, but I was too far gone. I faded away into the darkness with the memory of Alec burning into my mind.