The Two Times Alec Had a Panic Attack {1}

IZZY 

"Alec, you're going to the party." I told him with a smile playing at my lips. He groaned and rolled his eyes at me. "Why? You know how much I hate parties." He said to me. It was my turn to roll my eyes. "Because I'm you sister and I said your going with me." I replied to him while grabbing a shirt from his closest.

"Try this." I told him. He stared at me for a second, then grabbed the shirt out of my hands. I smiled knowing he finally gave in. I walked back over to the closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a jacket and threw it at him. He gave a small sigh and put them on.

"Perfect." I told him as he walked out to the room I was in. "Yeah yeah." He replied, but I could see a small smile appear on his face as I watched him. He made his way over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Thank you." He said to me. I pulled him into my arms. "Anytime big brother." I whispered to him. We stood like that for a few moments before I broke the silence.

"Don't you dare think that sucking up to me will get you out of going to that party." I told him. He sighed at me again. "Well, it was worth a try." He said. I chuckled and turned to walk away. "We leave in an hour." I called over my shoulder.

The hour had passed and Alec came down to meet me at the door. "Ready?" I asked while slipping my hand around his arm. "Yeah." He replied shortly. I chuckled and we walked down the street to Pandemonium.

"Why do you always hate going to parties?" I asked Alec while breaking the silence between us. I could feel him tense up a bit as I waited for him to respond. "I dont know. Ive just never liked them." He replied finally. I knew he really didn't want to say, so I dropped it. Besides we had already reached the entrance.

Once we got inside Alec and I parted ways. I made my way over to some of the other guests. After a few moments of talking and laughing I turned my head to see where Alec had wandered off to. Surprisingly he was with the other guests. Unsurprisingly he looked like a stuttering mess.

"It'll be good for him to be able to work on his communicating skills." I told myself when debating whether or not I should go over with him to help him out. My attention left Alec and went towards another group that I went to go talk to.

I had gotten so wrapped up in my conversation, I had forgotten to check in on Alec. I knew he was always uncomfortable with parties. I checked my phone and an hour had gone by since I had last saw him. I looked around waiting for the relief when my eyes finally met his. Unfortunately that didnt happen.

I walked towards the group I had seen him with earlier. "Have you seen Alec?" I asked one of the girls who turned out to be a Seelie. "At least she wont lie." I thought myself.

"He took off a while ago. He seemed to go in a hurry." She replied to me. "Thanks." I told her while walking away. I practically ran out of the club and ran towards the Institute. I knew that something was wrong with Alec.

It took me a few minutes, but I finally made it and ran upstairs to where Alec's room was. I knocked three times quietly. "Alec?" I asked into the door. There was no reply. "Alec?" I asked again. Still nothing. "I'm coming in ok?" I said while slowly turning the handle to the door.

I was met with only darkness in the room. I maneuvered around and finally found his desk. I turned on the light and I was only then able to see. I looked around the room and my heart broke immediately "Alec!" I said while rushing over to him.

He was on the floor with tears staining his face. His entire body was shaking fiercely. His eyes were shut and his shaking hands were locked onto his head.

"Alec? What happened?" I asked him while throwing my arms around him. "He... head... hu...hurts." He managed to get out to me. His chest moved up and down fiercely as if he was trying to catch his breath but couldnt. "I know. I know." I said while hugging him tighter to me. "Just breath." I whispered in his ear. I laid my hand on his chest helping him calm down slightly. He removed one hand from his head and placed it on mine. I moved my other free hand and wrapped it around his head bringing him even closer to me. "I got you." I whispered to him. He nodded at me slightly and his breathing slowed ever so slightly.

"Tell me what happened." I told him gently. I didn't want to force him into anything and make him shake even harder. If that was even possible.

He took in a shaky breath and his eyes met mine. "Al..all...tho..those...questions...it...so...sou..nded...li..ke...moth...mother....was...surround...ing... m..me...." he said and stopped while catching his breath again. I knew he was going to continue what he was saying.

"It...it...wa..was...like... her...giv..giving....me commands...only...i..in...que...question...fo..rm." He explained to me. He was relaxing even more now.

"For a while I was ha...handling..it...bu...but when that one gi...girl... br...brought up... Ma..Max." He stopped and a few tears fell from his eyes. "I...I had to g...get out of th...there." He whispered to me. He let go of my hand and touched my face. He wiped a few tears from my face away with the shaky hand. I hadn't even realized I was crying. It had been over three years ago when Max died, but it felt like it was just yesterday. It had affected Alec more than anyone. He had always seen himself as the protector of our family, and he blamed himself for losing Max.

He let more tears fall from his eyes and I laid my head on his chest. "I'm here." I whispered to him. His hand reconnected with mine. "I know." He whispered back.

I don't know when we fell asleep, all I knew was that we found comfort through each other after losing our brother.