Smart Cookie

I was hiding

I was hiding. Sitting on the table at the furthest end of the oval Caspian beside me we together ignored the world. All through Math Jason Blossom wanted me to help him. It was a nightmare. He never associates with me. Only today when he sat beside me stealing Olivia's seat. He wants me to tutor him because I get As in practically all my classes. I don't know who told him I am smart but I hate it. I don't want to help a Blossom they are the worst people on the planet. The only reason he wanted me to tutor him was because if he didn't get his grades up he wouldn't be able to play football. Of course Caspian wants me to do it. But the rule are different for me and him. Sure we both came from the south side, but he's more on the border of the south side and Riverdale. There is so many labels that would be put in place and that would only be the beginning. "Why don't you want to do it Luce" I watch Caspian take a puff of his weed sighing "I can't Blossoms and Drakes can't associate" he laughs "what about Blossoms and Johnston's" I frown his the only one who knows our connection to the Johnston's "I can't Casp it would be betrayal of the highest order" he laughs at my wording but it wasn't a lie my family would see it as me turning my back on them. "If I can't be myself then there is no point" "amen darling" I smiling at him something he returns. I was the only girl in the entire school that he didn't crack on to which weirdly made me feel special. "Where are all your friends Luce" "hmm" looking at him confused "I usually am with Chuck Reggie and the guys where are your friends" "Jug is who knows where your sister mentioned a Cheryl Blossom...Rora is probably with Betty and Samantha" I shrug like it's no big deal cause it's not. "If you want to go you can" "and leave you alone what type of best friend would I be if I left you alone" I laugh shoving him softly laying on his stomach looking at the sky. "Here they are" looking over at the voice seeing my blonde haired friend with two red heads. Caspian groans "Olivia we told you not to bring people god do you ever listen" "actually they want to ask Mar something" she smile "I already know the answer is still no" "yeah Drakes and Blossoms don't mix" Caspian adds taking another puff. "Yeah they can" looking behind me seeing Samantha and Aurora, Samantha being the one who spoke. "Fine as long as no one brings it up again" I sigh. Burring my head into Caspian just enjoying the moment we had ignoring everyone around us. I felt his arm around me making me instantly tense, I don't like people wrapping there arms around me. Relaxing when I realise it was him. "It ok warflower just show them who you truely are" I smile at how well he knew me "your a firecracker who takes nothing from no one pretty sure your awesome Drake genes are to blame for that...it why I call you warflower beautiful and dangerous just show them who you really are and remind them that they made you do this not the other way round" I nod into him before lifting my head watching him intently as he takes one last puff before putting it out "thank you not just for your uncharacteristic words but for knowing me" he smiles and kisses my head "your like my little sister closer to me than Olivia is" "and your my big brother I would probably go to you before I went to Luke and you know I go to him for everything" he just laughs getting up sticking a hand out to me which I happily accept allowing him to pull me up. "Come on we have to go we virtually skipped everything today and just sat here" walking through the school beside him to the parking lot where my brother Auberon waiting in his truck with Aurora and Olivia. We always go home together as we pass there house on the way.