Chapter 29

"Meet me, your husband, and, our son, Xavier in New York." He said breaking it down as if he was talking to a child.

"You know, you've really developed a sense of humour over the years." I said. This guy wasn't serious, was he?

"I'm not joking, Ella." He said sternly. "Xavier isn't going with you."

"The hell he isn't." I sat up and glared at him. "My son-"

"-Our son.

"-is coming with me!" I overpowered. "I am his mother. He's coming."

"No he isn't. I'm his father and he's staying with me and that's final." The expression on Matthew's face was dangerous. It probably worked on business rivals but it wasn't going to work on me.

"You don't get to finalize things that have to do with my son's life." I shot. "He-"

"Jesus!" He groaned. "When will you get through your head that he is my son too! You didn't do this alone-"

"-Oh but I did!" I shouted. "I did do it alone. I did it all alone."

"That's not fair." He fired back. "You know exactly why I wasn't there. You don't get to use that card."

I stood up. "Xavier is coming with me. We will meet you in New York. This topic is not up for discussion."

I walked away from him and back into the house. I was fuming at this point and all I saw was red.

"Who the hell does he think he is?" I mumbled.

"Ella!" Alex was approaching me.

"Not now Alex." I said and continued my path to my room upstairs. I stomped up the stairs and not that I was already annoyed enough, I heard footsteps follow me up which made me even more annoyed.

I made it to my room and looked for my suitcase. I spotted it in the corner of the room along with Xavier's. I went and grabbed them both placing them on the bed. I then went into the closet to start packing.

"Ella? Where are you going?" It was Alex. He had followed me up.

I decided to ignore him and to continue what I was doing.

"Ella!" He shouted. "What the hell are you doing?"

I grabbed the clothes in the closet and walked out. I went to the suitcases on the bed and threw the clothes in.

"What's going on?" I heard another voice. It was Tanya this time.

I heard a huff before my elbow was grabbed, stopping me from going back to the closet.

"Alex you do not want to talk to me right now." I warned trying to make him let go of my elbow.

"Oh please. You don't scare me with that anger." He said.

"He's right. We've seen it all." Tanya pitched. "So now why don't you take a seat and tell us what's wrong."

I eyed them both before complying. I sat on the bed and two of them sat on either side of me.

"I had a riff with Matthew just now. He's being so infuriating. He thinks he can make decisions for Xavier. I mean who does he think he is anyways." I ranted racking my hand through my hair.

"I mean he does have a say. He is Xavier's father." Alex said slowly.

"Stop taking his side, Alex!" I groaned.

"Ella, I thought we agreed you wouldn't fight with Matthew." Tanya said. "What decision did he make?"

I sighed. "I need to go back to Toronto but I will be back before the gala. I'd just meet you all in New York. And so Matthew decides that I would just meet him and Xavier in New York." I exploded. "How could he even suggest that knowing that Xavier is my life and he needs to be with me."