Chapter 5

I cleared my throat and turned around with Xavier still in my arms.

"Yes, of course." I said. I looked at my mom and Cheryl. "Will you guys be joining me?"

"Me and your mother will be. As for the boys, they can go back the same way they came." Cheryl said sternly.

I nodded and walked towards the door. Jackson was waiting for me at the door. "Do you mind grabbing my purse, Xavier's diaper bag and my laptop?"

"It's already in the car, Ella. Security is a car behind you so do not worry about paparazzi. Have a safe journey." He smiled and then looked a Xavier. "Bye Xavier."

He babbled a bye.

I smiled and walked out of my house and to the car that was waiting. I put on my sunglasses and turned around.

"Will you be coming with me or another car, mother?" I asked.

"Honey, it's fine. You go ahead in your car, we are right behind you." She said.

I nodded and Jackson opened the door to the car. I strapped Xavier into his car seat and gave him a kiss.

I walked around to the other side and got in the car. Our driver Mr. Neal was driving us.

In about half and hour we were at the airport. Xavier had fallen asleep.

I looked at my sleeping boy. He looked absolutely adorable. I got out of the car and as soon as I did, the paparazzi went crazy with T he flashes. Security was at my side immediately and helped me get Xavier so we could get into the airport.

It was a good thing he was sleeping. I always try to avoid situations like these. This is why I don't travel as much with Xavier, unless I feel like I want to. For example last year, I had business in Italy so Xavier and I lived in Italy for about 7-8 months.

I try to avoid galas where Xavier would be exposed to paparazzi and media. I just think that he deserves to have a normal life. Not one filled with cameras.

I quickly got him out of the car and was escorted to the inside of the airport.

Once we were in my mother and Cheryl joined us as well.

"Ella, sweetie, do you want me to take him?" Cheryl asked.

I made a hesitant face.

"I really don't mind." She gave me this hope filled smile.

I couldn't resist. I gave her a little smile and gently handing Xavier to her.

"He's a heavy sleeper." I said.

She smiled and nodded while giving him a kiss. She really did miss her grandson. I felt guilty.

A number of hours later we had landed in New York.

Right now, Xavier was strapped into his car seat beside me while my mother and Cheryl were also seated with us.

It was about 4 in the afternoon in New York.

"Ella." My mother called.

I looked at her.

"Do you want to stay with me or-"

"I'm staying at my dad's house. If that's fine." I said.

I know that no one lives there now but I still want to stay there.

After he died we never sold it.

I didn't stay there as I had my own apartment. And the fact that his death was a hard topic for me.