Chapter 1

Ella POV

"Mommy!" I heard a call waking me up. Huh, looks like Xavier is up and with that little devil up, I know I'm not sleeping. That wasn't the main reason though. It was pouring and thundering outside. It may have woken him up. It probably scared him just as much as it did me. It always scared me. Though not with him. Not with Matthew. He always did know how to handle this.

I got out of bed and opened my door. There I saw my little boy standing there with his blanket in one hand and his teddy bear in the other. He had the most adorable pout on his face.

I knelt down to level with him. I put my hand on his cheek and caressed it. "Oh honey, what's wrong?" I asked my 2 year old.

"Scared." Just when he said that it thundered, which made him jump into my arms and put his arms around my neck. He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck and whimpered.

"The storm?" He hummed in response. "Would you like to sleep with mommy?" Once again he hummed.

I smiled and gave him a kiss on the head. I gently picked him up and took him to my bed. I laid him down and then got in beside him. He cuddled into my side.

I was humming him a lullaby when it thundered again. I cuddled Xavier closer and closed my eyes.

I miss him. I miss him a lot. But he let me go. My memory did come back. I did remember. But not once did he come check on me. Not once did he try to contact me. He didn't try. I mean if he didn't want to, why should I.

Huh, said he loved me. Well, where was he when I needed him the most. Oh right, signing the divorce papers.

I remembered when I was looking at myself in the mirror. I was trying to figure out who I was. Who that man in the hospital was. Who all those familiar but unfamiliar faces were. Then my eyes landed on the ruby pendant that hung on the necklace I was wearing.

At first I didn't know what it was. But I got this scratchy memory of all the events. Matthew had gotten me this. We were still on the rocks. I finally realized I loved him from the beginning. There was never a moment where I didn't know. I knew all along but I was just too dense to realize it.

I miss him. I really do. But I'm just not going to try for something that was ended by him. He didn't want to try. Okay. But that doesn't mean I won't love him. Matthew is the love of my life, the father of my child but he's also the person that didn't try.

A month after I moved to Toronto, a month after I retrieved my memories, I realized I was with child. It was Matthew's. How much I wanted to tell him. But then, when I was watching the news, I saw him. I saw him with a girl. They were in a café. And they were holding hands. I mean how can someone move on that fast. But I realized he was not my husband anymore. He was just someone from my past.

I didn't want to tell Matthew. He didn't deserve to know. But my son deserved a father. So I gave him his name. On April 14th of 2011, Xavier Charles Westworth Hazner was born.

I wanted him to have a piece of his grandpa with him. He may not have the chance to be with him physically but giving him my father's name would leave a symbolic meaning. A meaning of his grandpa always supporting him and being with him. Also, the name made me feel happy. My father was-is, and always will be-my inspiration and my biggest fan in life. He practically raised me and I love him for that. I knew that he was somewhere watching over us with a big smile.

As for his last name, I gave him his father's last name. He may have hurt me but I still love him though. I still love him.

My pregnancy was complicated. Apparently during the accident it did some damage to my placenta. On top of that, I was anemic. I fainted a lot and got tired a lot during my pregnancy. Doctors advised me to abort my baby but I couldn't. I didn't want to. My baby was born a month early. It was the hardest month ever. It was hard to see my baby in that situation.

But here we are now. 4 years later, I am the CEO of Westworth Inc. with a 3 year old living a single life. Yes, I didn't try dating. I didn't want to. I don't need anyone's help.

"Mama?" Xavier mumbled.

"Yes darling?" I rubbed his back. He was burning. "Oh dear, you're burning." I quickly got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom where I kept the medicine.

I came back and sat on the bed beside him. "Honey, I need you to drink this. You'll feel better. I promise." I said lifting him onto my lap.

I fed him the medicine and gave him water. He was going to get drowsy as it was a side effect of the syrup.

I checked his temperature which was very high.

I laid him down and got up to get a pot of cold water and a cloth.

I laid the cloth damp with cold water on his head to get the fever down.

That's how I spent my night. Taking care of my baby.

The next morning a phone call woke me up.

"Hello?" I said in a tired voice.

"Ms. Westworth. Just called to remind you that the delegates from New York were coming today. And are here only today." I heard Ashlee panic.

"Ashlee, I can't come in today. Tell one of the board members to handle it. Xavier's sick." I said looking at my baby that was sleeping next to me. I ran a hand through his brown hair. Just like Matthew's.

"Ms. Westworth, they requested to meet with you. Besides it's only 2 hours." She compromised.

"I can't. Reschedule it." I demanded.

"They're only here for today and they want to meet with you." She said.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "They have an hour and half. Schedule it for noon and make sure they are on time. I'm not leaving my house so the meeting is here. You'll be coming over in," I checked the time. It was 8 am, "in 2 hours to prepare. I will be joining you at 11 to check up on you. Make sure the board is also here. Am I clear, or should I repeat myself?" I retorted.

"No, Ms. Westworth. Thank you. I will be there." She said.

"Good." I said and hung up.

I looked back at my sleeping boy beside me and kissed him head before I got out of bed to get dressed.

Looks like there will be guests in the house. Oh no I didn't even ask which client it was. Guess I'll ask after.

So, this is the sequel. It does say slow updates, that is just because I'm working on 3 other stories as well. I will post on this one but not frequently.

BELOW IS THE MATH FOR PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE CONFUSED.

Ella conceived in August of 2010. She left September 2010. She gave birth in April of 2011. It is now June of 2015. Xavier is 3 years old. She was not with Matthew for 4 years as of June 2015. But just counting by years, Xavier is 3 and she was not with Matthew for 4 years.

When I post a chapter, I really do look at the comments to see what you guys feel about it. Naturally if I get feedback, I do consider it. I consider what you like and dislike, so do keep it up!

Tell me how you feel! So question of the chapter; What time is it where you are?