Chapter 14

"Ella stop worrying." Tanya said as we walked into the mall. "I think Matthew is more than capable of handling his own son."

"I'm not worrying. It's just I've never left him with him. And you can't blame me for just being concerned." I explained as we walked into Carters.

"He will be fine." She smiled and gave me a little side hug. She then picked up tiny shoes and showed them to me. "Aw look at how tiny these are."

"So how has it been with you and Alex? I hope he's been treating you right." I asked.

She looked at me and smiled. "Everything has been amazing." I smiled. Of course he's been treating her that way. He loves her very much. "So I was meaning to ask you -no tell you- this yesterday but I forgot."

"What is it?" I asked looking through more clothes.

"You're coming to the Hamptons." She stated.

"I know that." I said.

"No you can't say no. You have to- what?" She put a hand on my arm and turned me around.

"What?" I asked back.

"What did you just say?" She asked.

"Well I said what after you-"

"Before that Ella!" She snapped.

"Oh. I said that I know I have to go to the Hamptons." I shrugged and turned back around looking through more clothes. "How else am I going to figure out Matthew's motives?"

"His what?" Tanya said walking to stand beside me.

"Matthew's motives." I explained and then looked at her. "Yes it's mainly for Xavier but the way Matthew was trying to convince me...something just didn't look right."

"Ella. You're absolutely crazy. He's your husband-" I shot her a glare. "Ex-husband. Nonetheless you weren't here all these years watching him suffer and go through what he did."

I scoffed. "Yes and while Matthew was suffering Ella was having the time of her life."

"Ella. That's not what I meant. You know that." She explained.

"Just leave it Tanya. I don't think I could see us together again. I mean the minute I left he went back to his old ways. What could you except anyways?" I shrugged.

"He's always loved you Ella. He never stopped." She said softly. "Maybe if you let him explain and the two of you talked it out, you would understand."

"What is this? I thought you were on my side." I frowned.

"I am on your side. But I want what's best for you." She explained.

"And Matthew's the best for me." I rolled my eyes.

"He once was and you'll realize he still is." She smiled.

"Well aren't you determined." I mumbled. "Look Tan. Stop stressing over this. It's not good for the baby." I walked over to another pile of clothes.

"Avoiding subjects like usual, I see." She taunted.

I glared at her which made her laugh.

"Stop laughing and come here. These footies are so cute." I said.

After picking up a few things from a couple stores for the baby and also my baby, I decided that too much walking wouldn't be good for Tanya. We'd been walking for almost 3 hours. So after a lot of convincing I got her out of the mall and to a nice restaurant for lunch.

We had sat down and ordered our food. Now we were just talking while we waited for our food.

"So tell me something." I sat back. "What's up with Nate and Emma? I thought they had something going."