Chapter 26

"Okay buddy. This is our last one. Remember what I taught you." Matthew explained. "All in the wrist."

Xavier was standing on the ledge of the booth while Matthew was behind him with his arm around Xavier to steady him.

Xavier nodded.

"Okay on three, take your aim and toss it." He said. Xavier nodded again clearly excited to want to win again.

The threw the ring and luckily it landed around the neck of the bottle. Xavier had won and he was very excited about it.

He turned around and hugged Matthew. "We win, daddy! We win!"

I couldn't help the smile on my face as I heard that word come out of Xavier's mouth. It made me so happy.

Matthew was taken aback and it looked like he was about to cry happy tears. But I don't think he would risk his man's ego in doing so. Matthew put his arms–or arm considering his injury– around Xavier and hugged him.

It was a very intimate moment between the two and it was glad that it was just the two of them that were here and that I was the only one that witnessed it first. I felt special and so excited for them. Matthew finally had his son and Xavier his father.

"I love you, buddy." Matthew said kissing his forehead and then his hair. "So much."

I grinned seeing Matthew like this. It was something I'd never seen before.

"Let's get ice cream." He smiled at him.

Xavier's eyes lit up for a second turning to me asking for permission. Still grinning, I nodded and helped him down. The three of us together went to the place where they were serving ice cream.

We got Xavier ice cream, then walked to a place to sit. Matthew sat down and Xavier sat down beside him. I stood in front of the two.

"Well there you three are." I heard behind me.

I turned and saw the others walking up to us.

"I see you've gotten ice cream." Tanya smiled looking over at Xavier.

"Want some?" Xavier said with ice cream all over his face.

I smiled and shook my head handing the tissue I had with me to Matthew. He wiped his mouth with it.

"So what's the plan?" Chris asked. "I say we dip and go get some good food."

"Shut up." Lindsey said hitting him. "Don't let your parents hear that."

"Typical Chris. Oldest yet the most reckless." Emma taunted.

"Oh yeah. How about the time you needed to go out at midnight for that party and Matthew and dad said you couldn't go. Who helped you sneak out?" Chris threw back.

"Chris!"

"You snuck out!" Matthew and Emma said simultaneously.

I held back a laugh seeing the situation at hand here.

"Calm down." I said to Matthew. "Don't worry Em. I had my fair share of sneaking out when I was younger."

"Ah how could anyone forget that?" Tanya rolled her eyes. "You snuck out and dragged me along with you."

"The point is" I glared at her, "we had the best time at this party."