Chapter 27

The party was over and everyone was exhausted. I had just finished putting Xavier down while everyone else returned to their rooms to sleep for the night.

After putting Xavier down, and let me tell you...it wasn't easy, I made my way downstairs to grab a cup of water before bed.

On my way up from the kitchen I decided to check on Matthew to make sure he didn't need anything before he slept.

I made sure to knock before I entered just because. I heard a faint come in and I took that as my cue to enter.

"Hey," I walked in a looked at him typing away on his laptop. He had his glasses on. "Oh I'm sorry to disturb you."

"No." He said quickly and put his laptop to the side. "I always have time for you. Come here. What's up?" He patted a space beside.

"I just wanted to ask you if you wanted anything before sleeping. I'm about to go to bed." I said walking to him.

"You look exhausted." He said as he reached for my hand. I let him hold it in his big one. He pulled me a bit and sat me on the edge of the bed next to him. "You know, my bed is pretty comfortable." He grinned.

I raised an eyebrow to stop myself from grinning back. He could not have the upper hand in this one.

"That's good to know." I said.

"Yeah why do you join me." He smirked.

"Yeah?" I smirked back.

"Mhm." He said leaning in a bit and caressing my arm.

"How about no?" I grinned. "You're so delusional it makes me laugh."

"Oh come on. There's no harm in it. You can't blame me for wanting my wife to sleep with me."

"I can't sleep with you Matthew." I rolled my eyes.

"Why not?" He whined.

"Because Xavier is in the other room alone." I explained. "Besides. You are more than capable to sleep on your own."

"Right because I've done it for so many years. What's another day to it?" He shrugged and let go of my hand. He grabbed his laptop and put it back on his lap. He started typing away once more. "Close the door on your way out."

I scrunched my eyebrows. Was he serious?

"Matthew come on. You can't seriously be mad at me." I huffed.

He didn't turn his head. He just kept doing what he was. He was seriously ignoring me!

"Matthew." I called. "Matthew!"

If he was stubborn then so was I. I stood up and stalked out of his room making sure to close the door. I walked to my room and quickly changed into my nightwear.

God why was he mad at me? I didn't do anything. Just because I didn't want to sleep with him? What a little baby.

Oh come on. He was only asking you to sleep with him. Not have sex.

I rolled my eyes at my inner conscience. But she did have a point. All he asked was to sleep.

Of course I'm right. Besides. You promised him you'd give him a chance. Doesn't look like you're doing that right now.

I groaned.

I saw that Xavier was still sleep and made sure he was safe by putting pillows around him. I have him a kiss on his forehead before grabbing one of the baby monitors. I switched off the lights and closed the door before stalking to Matthew's room.