Chapter 23

You know when you were in high school and you'd get giddy and excited about the guy you like being good with kids? Yeah well that was me right now. Only we weren't in high school and the kids was mine. And his.

Matthew and Xavier sat on the bed relaxed while eating a sandwich. Xavier insisted that Matthew feed him over me.

Was I shocked? A little. Did I see it coming? Kind of. Was I happy? Of course.

"Xavier your father's arm will hurt. Why don't you let me feed you." I said putting my finished plate aside.

"I'm fine, Ella." Matthew said continuing to feed him.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the sofa chair next to the window. I was still close to the bed.

"Last bite, buddy." Matthew smiled as he fed Xavier his last piece.

Xavier giggled as Matthew wiped his face and hands.

"Watch car!" He patted Matthew's thigh letting him know that, that's what he wanted.

"Can you get me my iPad?" He called over to me. "It's near my laptop there."

I nodded and stood up. I walked over to the table and got the iPad. I then walked to Matthew and gave it to him.

He unlocked it and loaded the movie for Xavier. Xavier was over the moon about this and could not be any happier.

I then walked over to my purse that I set aside and pulled out his medication. I got a cup of water and walked over to him again.

"Take these." I handed him the pills and gave him the water.

He took the pills and handed me back the water. I put it on the bedside table.

"Are you fine with him?" I asked. "I want to go take a shower."

"Of course I'm fine with him." He smiled and grabbed my hand. "Go take a shower. I'm sure he'll fall asleep."

"Good luck." I said pulling away from him and leaving the room. I walked to my room and immediately went to the bathroom for a shower.

Once I was done, I put on a pair of loose shorts and a tshirt. I loosely tied my hair back.

After that, I decided to make my way downstairs. Once I got there, I went to the living room and saw my mother, Daniel, Matthew's parents, Emma, Tanya and Lindsey sitting there.

The guys were no where to be seen.

"Ella. Dear. Come." Cheryl smiled patting the empty seat beside her.

I sat beside her and she put her arm around me.

"We were just speaking about tomorrow." My mother said.

"What's tomorrow?" I asked.

"The Fourth of July dear." Cheryl smiled. "We're having our annual party and everyone's invited."

"Who's everyone?" I asked slowly.

"Only our families and our closest friends." She answered. She then grabbed my hand and held it in both her hands, smiling at me. "We are so excited to have you and Xavier with us."

I returned her smile with a little smile of my own and nodded.

"Is there anything I could do to help?" I offered.

"Oh no no." Cheryl said quickly. The girls started laughing along with my mother as well.

"What's so funny?"

"We're not supposed to help." Lindsey grinned.

"Cheryl and Henry hired people to get the job done. All we have to do is show up." Tanya smiled.